.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 20

Sailing

"Nothing great is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or fig. if you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer you that there must be time.Let it first blossom, then bare fruit, then ripen"
Epictetus

I'm Ruby; the poet
Rabab; the person
And there is no connection between the two.
******

Whooshing surf on the beach
Intruded my sleepy ear
My mate mumbled: "tide is high,
It's time to go sailing dear"

Up we jumped in bathing suits,
And ran to the small boat at the pier
Then released "what a yacht we called"
Starting it on high gear

Waters enjoyed their bath
Foaming there, bubbling here,
And dabbing their glittering sequence
To the sunny atmosphere

Imagining myself on Titanic;
I stood up and yelled a cheer
While the vessel cut through waves
As if an eloquent shooting spear

But moving objects all around us
Suddenly fretted the sea
And a jet skier's waving hand
Directed "HOLD ON TO THE KEY"

Defied waves opened jaws
And drastically hurried near
Up an' down, and all of a sudden,
The roller coaster acted queer

Down I ducked with an anguish
That by now started to sear
And grabbed onto the shoulder,
With eyes mortified with fear

Above all that, the engine died
An' added more suspense
Hurriedly we fetched the oars
And rowed with no experience

Sheaving against the current
Exhausted our energies
So we hitchhiked a ferry
To move our boat in synergy

When we finally pulled to the shore
I almost shed a tear
And flew to the safety of my bed
And pheeeew ... the relaxing atmosphere

Copyright: Ruby Khaja
Posted by Hello
Kaplua Sailing Boat

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 12:32 AM::

4 Comments:

Blogger Jewaira said...

I agree w DJ; your words are very dynamic and full of energy.
I love the colours in the painting.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

I am saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaailing. I am saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaailing. Thats all I could do after reading the title :)

8:12 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thank you guys for your kind words and I’m glad you liked the poem

10:39 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

That was cool ;) I really felt like I was in a roller coaster ;)

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home