.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, March 26

A Word of Appreciation

A lot of times people wonder why I stay home most of the time, my friends seem to be worried that I might loose all my social connections and end up alone. What they don’t understand, and never could since they have never tried blogging, that I have been more social behind a screen. The ones I meet are genuine people who share my thoughts, my good times and bad on a daily basis. I get more insight, true stories than anywhere else, I sympathize with others and others sympathize with me. Some even went one step further in defending me like my own family Click Here . Bless their hearts. We have created this inner bond that, in some cases, is much stronger than our relations to a lot of people we know in our lives. We tend to willingly, not out of courtesy, visit our buddies, , sometimes just to say a simple hello or leave a word of appreciation. And then leave the net with an inner satisfaction and a pure sense of belonging. Some may not have their own blogs but we still know them through their commentaries and nice appreciative e-mails; an act which keeps us eager to go back now and again and get addicted to the net.
It does not matter if we know each other physically; we know each other spiritually, which is far more satisfying.

What do you say? Go get a life?
I never felt more alive than today.



A Blue Note to You

An anonymous (who is not so anonymous) sent me a poem written by Tracey Newson to show his appreciation to how my writings have affected him. He dedicated this song to me and he wanted me to publish it as a post so that all can see it. Now that was so sweet, does anyone now blame me for being so addicted?

Well, it’s a good addiction. How many of us did not change perspectives on life since we started blogging?
And what should my reply be to all of you including this anonymous? A mere thank you? I think you deserve more than that.


You Walked Lightly by Tracey Newson

You walked lightly into my life
Captivating and lovely to my mind
At first, I never cared who you were
Now I don’t know who I am without you

You kissed me
I felt my world change
You held me
I heard my heart awaken
You loved me
And my soul was born anew
You walked lightly into my life

Now my heart knows who you are
And with every breath
And every step
I take down lonely roads
Your hand is my staff
Your voice is my guide
Your strength my shelter
You’re passion my awakening
You walked lightly into my life

And all my pain
You took as your own
And all my fears
You cast into the sea
All my doubt
Lost in your eyes
You walked lightly into my life
And no matter if you choose to stay or go,
My life is forever changed
Just because you loved me
For a moment in time

And because I choose
To love you
For the rest of mine.

Dear anonymous:
A very nice and deep poem, I loved it. And I know you meant it all, and it flatters me to feel that I did have an affect on you, but what you did not know is that you and all the wonderful others did have an enormous effect on me. I just wish that I won’t disappoint you one day :)
Bless your heart




Posted by AyyA:: at :: 7:57 PM::

17 Comments:

Blogger Jewaira said...

AyyA
That is a beautiful poem and such a nice gesture from your anonymous friend.
You deserve those lovely words :)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

I agree with your ideas on the blogging community.
Isn't it fascinating how we interact in this online virtual community? This reminds me a bit of Flamingoliya's post in the way that blogging seems to have taken a sizeable part of our lives- or at least thoughts.

I just want to say for the record that I appreciate your support from the moment Mosan told you about my blog (I don't quite know how he stumbled upon it!) and I don't know why you should be the target of anyone's 'wrath' as you have never singled anyone out that I know :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

Net Life with me went like this
-webs and msn chatt
-Messege Bourds ( Montadayat)
- BLOGS world

the 2 realy made a difference in my life .. am soo picky now .. in what to read .. what to do .. and getting friends Here with who;p

i also got a mama here in the net;p .. and now u don't tell me get a life:p .. RelationShips u can name them with wat u like to call .. the best thing is You JuST SAY what u have.. u donno who is reading.. but there is always the one who does and ( understand it )

11:02 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

forgot something :$
every1 should know who is the one who pushed me to post in my blog ;p ... it's ruby = AyyA .. byoooteefol Ayyaa ^_^
thank u sweeta : )

11:05 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

no blog is complete with my blessings

12:16 AM  
Blogger pstpst said...

Walawu ya Ayya! I salute your ability to have a kind hear still in the midst of all the harshness. and your appriciaton is the greatest gift of all specially that you do show it, which alot of ppl find it hard to do.
Not to defent you would be basphemy woman!LOL
Thank you for alot of things a mere comment would never be enough.

1:31 AM  
Blogger مبتدئ said...

Ur the second person to welcome me into blogging.. Rabab

Min ayyam Shankoo7 ;p

I enjoy ur comments.. and ur kind heart

1:53 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Jewaira
Thanks sweetheart for your kind words, and be it me or others, I think it takes time for people to know each other. And whether we like it or not, people are judgmental, but I have nothing against them, someday they will realize their mistakes and regret it.
Mosan is a very close friend whom I knew way before blogging, actually he was the one who introduced me to this community, and when he stumbled on your blog he knew right away that we’d click, and I want you to know that it has been my pleasure to have known you, your blog is one of the first ones I visit each day I enter the net, and thanks to Mosan for that.

Sweet Eva
Net life with me was like this:
-Surfing the net for the sole purpose of professional research (laman kint ashtigol)
-E-mails
-MSN; only close friends and relatives, but limited to necessities.
-Blogging

And that’s about it. And hey I didn’t know that I was the one who pushed you in the blog-o-sphere, thanks for sharing sweetie, and I like you to know that your artistic talents amaze me sometimes, you have some originality girl, go 4 it.

Purgy
You mean:
No blog is complete without your blessings, right?
Sure, I’ll drink to that ;)

Beatnik
Thank you sweetie, I know that those people do not know me as you do, or else they wouldn’t have said that, allah yehadeehom.

Mobtadi
Hmmmm interesting, I didn’t know that, and I miss shankoo7 and still waiting for him ;)
I enjoy your blog as well, and you are one of the first ones who introduced me to a beautiful side of the Arabic language I was always yearning for.

Nazal
Shift ishloon? What did I tell you? We are a great family aren’t we?
Btw, don’t you think it’s time to start your own blog?
Well whether you decide to do that or not, inshallah dayman ayamik ma3ana lailakiya

10:17 AM  
Blogger 2 Second Club ® said...

AyyA, We live in a world, a society that obliges us to stay anonymous, for all the hatred that we have for one another.. I am not talking about everybody, many of the well balanced people started seeking refuge in the blogging world, and I am one of them.. Just to feel the ability to speak my mind without any boundaries.. Unfortunately.. the ying and the yang effect follows us even here.. Many people get so curious to know the person writing that they don’t know it would be the back breaker if he/she has a revealed identity, that most of bloggers (KUWAITI BLOGGERS) would run for cover, and stop writing..

You on the other hand thought you have nothing to hide, and I salute you for your courage, not many in Kuwait have that.. I don’t even have that.. If an @$$ hole started reading something for a nick name that knows nothing about and not agree with their point of you, they will quit reading since they can’t stir up anything and can’t go after a “nothing so to speak”, but in your case, they see a person that they judge with their little brains.. it’s simple like that..


Nevertheless, I guess I inspired you to write this post without you knowing.. hehehe :P
First
MrsBakerQ8, now you.. wow.. I’m on fire.. ---> vanity speaking :P

11:19 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

The Don
Thanks for your encouraging words dear, and believe me my intention in this post was to show some appreciation (still not enough though) for all the love I received from the lovely people I got to know in this community, and you are right we tend to be inspired by each other; you did have an enormous effect on me, not only from that post you mentioned but from your other posts as well.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Jelly Belly said...

I just wanna say one thing
I never met you yet I love you (hugs and kisses):*

3:35 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

J sweet B
You are in my heart sweetie, and I hope you are well, god knows how much I worry about you knowing how sensitive you are.
Back at you

7:16 PM  
Blogger Shurouq said...

Ayya,
I think we can all relate to this post. And no one would dare say 'Go get a life'.. We're all pretty hooked here, babe :)

Reading blogs everyday made me realize Kuwait is a nicer place than I give it credit for.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

That’s so true, I used to be so anti social, I’m still that ;P but a wee bit better than before. You are a beautiful person Ayya. And seconding Jelly Bean, I love you too ;D

Tantalize, kissing ass! I thought u knew Nothing! Well lemme tell u Something; people love Ayya because she has something that is pure and fulfilling, a genuine touch of love and caring. When I lack that I come here. This place is my haven more so than my own blog. I don’t call that kissing ass, and I believe non of the commentators here call it that either. So if u can’t accept it, at least don’t corrupt it. Leave it for us. We genuinely care.

7:33 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Tantalize
See what you did you naughty boy ;)
Thanks for the compliment buddy

Shurouq
Yes dear, you are right, Kuwait is a better place after blogging, you feel that there is still hope, even if it’s only a shred of hope

Peach
Now, now, now… take it easy on Tantalize, it’s just his sarcastic way to show his appreciation. Thanks babe and I love you too :).

12:34 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

MsBakerQ8
Thanks dear, I guess you, Jewaira, me and others share a lot of good intentions, which is a boast for all of us.

The Expert
I know he did ;)
And yes with you around me, I know I’m never alone :)

4:47 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

I got a lovely comment on my next post from Tracey Newson and I thought I’d transfer it here for archiving purposes

Tracey said...
Hi, My name is Tracey Newson, I am the author of the poem 'You Walked Lightly', I would like to thank you for honoring me by using my work. I enjoyed your site immensely.
11:10 PM

AyyA said...
Correction dear, the honor is mine for first posting your lovely poem, and now for seeing your comment, thank you for taking the time, I really appreciate it.
6:07 PM

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home