.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 6

A dedication to a person who deserves the best

Fatima AlNasser

You never ceased to amaze me with your kind heart accompanied by a will of steal, Working with you had been the best experience in my career. I still remember our meeting in London during the invasion when you asked me to join in The Kuwait Reconstruction Committee operating in Washington DC, when I selfishly turned you down, but you understood and moreover reassured me that my place with my children was the right patriotic act.

I also remember the honor you gave me by requesting my name along with four other Engineers to join you in Aldiwan Alameeri when you transferred there, but when you weighed how MPW would suffer from losing five experts all at once, you understood. And although you started single handedly without our support, you still prospered in a considerable period of time.
On the personal side you were always there for me when I needed you. But since this blog is public I would have to refrain from going into detail on that and all I can say is:

- I have learned from you how to be a constant giver

- Nothing could stop in your way when it came to justice, and I admire that a lot in you.

- No wasta, rashwa or ma7soobiya was in your dictionary, never, I have personally witnessed the sadness in your eyes and the strong gestures of your face whenever this subject was brought up in our conversation.

- You never compromised with the best solutions, not for any reasons, when it came to planning and executing projects.

- If I have known any straight people in my life, you were one of them.

- You earned your positions and patiently worked hard to achieved what you deserved.

- ...........................
- ................................
- ............................


- If I would go on with the above list I would probably never finish

Then let me just get to the point:

Mabroooook libaladi

No, the above is not a typing error; I meant to say libaladi as for "my country".

It is not because you are one of the first women in AlMaglis, although I can't deny that this fact exhilarated me and barad chabdi min all elmotakhalifeen group, nor it is because I had the chance to know you closely, which also is an honor for me, it's because at last I started having a glimpse of hope for reform in my country.

You are the right person in the right place, and I commend Bu-Nasser for this choice, although I'm against the idea of appointing members. But my heart goes for you because I can foresee how grave this responsibly would be on your shoulders, not because you lack any technical expertise or any sense of general planning, it's because you have to deal with people in AlMajlish AlBaladi who operate on different wavelengths than yours, good luck dear wi allah ye3eenich.

But nevertheless;

Om Al3anood...gadha wi gdood



Posted by Hello
The Red Rose/ by: Linda Paul

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 4:46 PM::

8 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

Poor woman, not the place for her.

8:30 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Purgy
Don't worry about her, she is strong

11:10 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

If you say so, as long as she has big teeth and bigger feet, then she can be fine.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

Ruby you are so positive and supportive and do give credit where it is due. People like her derserve to be appreciated :)

7:33 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Jewaira
I have made it my task in life to say nothing but the truth or stay quite, my ideology might differ from others, but it’s something that I believe in, and although this post was a dedication to a dear friend and x-colleague, but I never let friendship or any other type of relationship channel my beliefs, I believe in Fatma and her appointment is a gain for my country. Now I’m not so naive to think that one person can do miracles, but I also can not deny that with a few like her in power would eventually make a difference, after all my country future is above all.

11:46 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

MsB
Thanks dear, your testimony is an honor I carry on my chest.

Rawand
I have no doubt that she is there to give her best, the only thing that bothers me is the ones that she has to deal with, knowing beforehand some of them and the way they conduct business, allah kareem

Oh and something else guys, it just downed on me if they’d make Fatma wear 7ijab in order to participate in their meetings, LOL, they’re in for a big surprise if they attempted to do that ;)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Jelly Belly said...

my dear Ayya I'm happy for your happiness and from what I read about Fatma AlNassar makes me proud as a Kuwaiti female...and I just wish her strength and power in her new position.

and Ayya you are such a wonderful friend and a human being...ten7abain `3a9eb :*

6:52 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanks 7abeebti :* back @ you

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home