.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 30

I’ve Got Mail

Few days back I got a parcel from the International Library of Poets. It contained a book of “Who’s Who in Poetry”. The book started with a diverse sampling poetry of which I was chosen with three other poets from around the world. Then it lists the A-Z of who’s who in poetry. The book is 413 pages and my profile as well as one of my poems are the first published in those samples (P2), which means that I don’t have to turn the pages to find my poem :p



This photo shows that book along with another book I received last year when another one of my poems was published in a book titled as “ The Best Poems and Poets of 2003”

Below is the poem which is published in “Who’s Who”; I thought I’d share it with you :)

Exceptional Love

Okay, I know I’m not an idol
Sometimes harsh, may be hateful
And I know that you’re the devil
Like cherubim reveal

And I also know that the girl next door
Has had fits from you before
I know you’re dangerous, and you’re wild
Swept the poor thing in your tide
I know that last night you made out with three
And the other night; two you set free

Mind you; I know everything
Your last fling, current fling, to be a fling
I also know that you know I’ve had my fits
And I know that you know, with wits,
That all that means nothing to me;
I’m yours with every breath my lung permits

In spite of all that
In spite of my harshness, your cruelty
Know that I love you
And that’s why I’ll set you free
And that no man can bring the four seasons in a day
In one single day
Except thee
May forever be happy
Whoever is your prey


Posted by AyyA:: at :: 6:52 PM::

7 Comments:

Blogger shosho said...

Mabrooooooooooook :D

Beautiful poem!

10:06 PM  
Blogger UzF said...

Yah yah yah, mn gadech!
Congrats Ayya I'm happy for you, you make us proud, really.

12:38 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Shosho & UzF
Thank you ammmmmmwwwwwwaaaaaaah

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

congratulations Ruby!!! well-done :))

10:16 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanks sweetheart :* :* :*

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jelly Belly said...

Congratulations girly :**********
I'm so happy for you...I'm gonna try to find copy and have you sign it :)
again alf mabrook 7abebty :*

1:50 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Jelloahhhhh
How was Vegas ;)
Thanks sweetie more cyber kisses for you

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home