.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 21

We are Stronger Than Ever Before

I’m broken hearted
At my will I gave you my heart
On extended hands to take
I bedded the wet grass so you’d stay still
Yet you squashed my heart
Under your feet
And shuddered my dreams away

Was the orange sun too bright
For you to see the truth!
I wonder

I’m disappointed
Not for dissolving the parliament, this was inevitable, but for the purpose of the act as was included in Amir’s speech. It sounded like disagreement between two political groupings in the parliament dragging the populous as sheep to fulfill their own agendas. And last night’s blue stage play was just a preparation for today’s speech. How pathetic.
Fighting corruption is not an easy road; it’s full off bumps. But only the smart driver can reach safety without much damage.

On the other hand; I’m proud
Proud that a bunch of free thinkers behind the net could move the country in such a short time and dissolve the parliament in less than a month period, sending one message to all; enough is enough.

Not only proud; I’m also ecstatic
Ecstatic that this whole episode uncovered masks and broadened political awareness that is much needed in the coming stage.

Do you see why your voice is important now? Don’t demote it, give it to whoever will build your country, not destroy it, do your homework, be smart.


Posted by AyyA:: at :: 11:43 PM::

6 Comments:

Blogger Ben Rivard said...

I was very happy to see the Kuwaiti people speaking up without fear.
Of course, the dictator wasn’t getting what he wanted; like never before, the people’s voice was too loud and clear for his hears. So, dissolving the parliament was the only way out of his obligations to the people of Kuwait who should keep voicing its protest and disgust at the way the ruler has once again escaped its responsibilities. It’s not that the government was doing much when the members bothered showing up for the parliament sessions. Now, nothing will be accomplished until September or October.

1:03 AM  
Blogger ScarlO said...

As much as I tried to keep my opinions for myself on this matter, since I 'don't know much' about it, I guess it won't hurt to speak now.

The idea of young people speaking their mind freely is in itself 'lovely' (for lack of better words ... morning coffee's bad today)
But let's get real: thousands, if not millions, marched the streets of the US and UK to stop the war against Iraq, in other words, to stop the death sentence of their soldier relatives/friends/people.
But the war's still going on. That's democracy for you. Just because your government allows you to yell out your brains freely, speak your mind and say what you want does not neccessarily mean that they'll listen. They might listen, someday. It just takes a lot of time and effort ... and sore throats (mine's bloody sore for almost five days now, a real bitch i tell you)
The news yesterday wasn't much of a shock for me, I just felt bad that all these campaigns that went on did not succeed in delivering the message. I'm sure message's delivered but some people just put on their iPod headphones and listen to whatever tickles their fancy instead of listening to you telling them what they should do.

Errrm, and i like your poem(s) a lot. And that picture, and the other pictures, it makes me feel as if I was there myself. One that you have on this post's really touching. I'd better shutsy-upsy now. Good luck, darling.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Alia said...

I'm proud too inspite of everything

فخورة بشباب الياسمين
البرتقاليين
أخواني وخواتي
المدونين وغير المدونين

8:51 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

thanks nen rivard for your support

scarlo
As you said Scarlo; nothing comes easy and it takes time. But what we have achieved in such a short time was not for naught. I can see some Kuwaitis who never were in politics or even aware of what’s going on in the country are beginning to voice their opinions, this by itself is a huge achievement. Salute.

alia
And I'm damn proud of you :*

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all pawns on this great chessboard. Moved at will, screaming out in silence. Our voices fall on deaf ears.

3:48 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

elmathal yegool: el3iyar illi ma yeseeb, yidwish. and I think that we have achieved a lot, provided that our efforts is going to the right direction

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home