.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 19

What is LOVE ?

For centuries poets and artists in general have talked about love, each from his own prospective. Those people are more sensitive to things around them than others; so they have to express what they feel whether in writing, music, or just a portrait.
And the reason behind their need to express themselves is their confusion about a certain feeling, so they reach within their inner selves to produce something meaningful, something that makes sense to them and brings harmony to their own lives before sharing it with the public.
And although love was a very hot subject that many poets (through ages around the globe) wrote about more than any other subject, yet, it still remains " a mystery".
But one thing is certain and common between love poems; it is always associated with ecstasy and pain; TWO OPPOSITE FEELINGS.
How can this feeling have such irony? And why does something that brings u the utmost happiness can ruin you as well?

I think that those artists are more scared of this mystique feeling than others.

Wine comes in at the mouth
And love comes in at the eye;
That's all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift the glass to my mouth
I look at you and I sigh.

"A Drinking song" W. B. Yeats


Posted by AyyA:: at :: 3:19 PM::

4 Comments:

Blogger AyyA said...

Thanx baby
There u go… " ibn elwiz.. 3awam"
PROUD MOM

3:06 PM  
Blogger Hazolat said...

I found it heartbreaking, because it can be true. I mean love can be the way Yeats describes. But we need and crave for love .. Marvin Gaye said "You ain't livin' until you're lovin' baby" :-)

Someone once told me something quite amusing about how men and women fall in love. It goes like .. Men fall in love with what they see while women fall in love with how they see a man.

9:39 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

For me love is a mental state, and only the lucky individuals find their mentally compatible mates. Love is not to say I love you, more like knowing that without a word being said. Love is not to control your lover, but to have self control and mutual understanding without any orders. Love for me is to give and enjoy your offering. To love your mate as he/she is without trying to change him to suit your own fancies. There is nothing more satisfying than finding the person who respects you and tries his best to make you happy. Love is companionship more than any other thing.
Bas wain telgah in the material world of today?

9:24 AM  
Blogger Hazolat said...

My thoughts exactly. I sometimes hear about how 'flan' or 'flana' changed for the sake of their spouse, because of the fact that they love them so much they are willing to change for them.

In my opinion, and even if they themselves think they're in love, I think they're not in true love. Because I guess we both know what love means.

Sometimes we think we love someone, but notice a few imperfections about them and think "ok they'll change because they love me", but this is so untrue. These imperfections are a part of our lover being so perfect for us.

Real love is accepting other people the way they are without trying to change them. Because if we try to change them, this means that we don't really like them.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home