.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, October 21

Tick Tock Goes the Clock




Another poet is yet to be discovered

This is the poem D&G gave me to be reviewed by the critics, and after reviewing it myself I rated her 3/5, and she said I did that because I was her friend. Now the results are here, and it turned out that I have given her the lowest rating although she deserved more.

The poem:

Recess
(Dedicated to my friend Rabab)

I watch the clock
it ticks and tocks
learning LEARNING
ignites my yearning
to go out and play
every which way

Paper airplanes fly here and there
I look at the the teacher, she does't care!
Tick Tock goes the clock

I stiffle a giggle, as she tucks in a squiggle
back into her chignon, and moves on
Quarter to two, I don't know about you
but I can't wait any longer
and it's not just about the hunger

She askes a question,
She calls on me,
the clock chimes TWO,
I run outside with glee!

Copyright Drunk&Gorgious, 2004

Reviews

Review:
this was very whimsical it moved me to childhood and the joys of then. Well as for the poetry itself it needs to be refined just a bit. There are a few errors that can be quickly fixed. Capitalizing learning in the first stanza took away from the gentleness of your poetry, 2nd stanza 2nd line there is a misspelled word "does't" and finally hunger at 1:45? Were you not fed at lunch? Or does the hunger mean learning? It was a nice poem, needs some tweaking but other than that I still rate it a 5. I do not take off for 3 or less typed errors heck we all make mistakes I do hope that this review is of great help to you and you will fix the problems that I have mentioned

Reviewed by
Christina V
(Expert Level)
Rated: 5/5


Review:
Tell your friend that she should keep writing! The poem is upbeat with vivid memories of waiting for the bell to move on.
This poem has a good flow.

Reviewed by
deeski
(Master Level)
Rated: 5/5

Review:
This is perfect for a first time piece. It was that sort of nursery rhyme kind of piece, but it was great. I would like to know how old your friend is, but tell her to keep writing

Reviewed by
JADAQUIN2000
(Expert Level)
Rated: 4/5

Review:
N i c e p o e m, w e l l w r i t t e n.
G o o d j o b, k e e p w r i t i n g.

Reviewed by
empire
(Master Level)
Rated : 4/5

Review:
This really is good for a first timer. She does appear to have talent and I am glad you're encouraging her. We all need that. Nicely written with good imagery.

Reviewed by
abby
(National Judge Advocate)
Rated : 5/5


Review:
I loved this poem. It has this playful and whimsical innocence to it. It made me smile and took me back to my own days of elementary school and the fun I use to have at recess. Encourage your friend to keep writing, she is very talented indeed.

Reviewed by
Nickles
(Talented Level)

Rated: 5/5

Reviewer Rankings and Requirements

Reviewers are rated by Gavels as follows:
Title Star Rank Experience


Scholar Less than 10 Gavels At least 1 month
Proficient 11-35 Gavels At least 1 month
Experienced 36-60 Gavels At least 1 month
Skilled 61-100 Gavels At least 3 months
Talented 101-300 Gavels At least 3 months
Gifted 301-400 Gavels At least 3 months
Professional 401-500 Gavels At least 6 months
Expert 501-750 Gavels At least 6 months
Master 751-1000 Gavels At least 6 months
Judge Advocate 1001-3000 Gavels At least 6 months
National Judge Advocate More than 3000 Gavels At least 9 months

D&G; do you still think that I have been biased to you because I'm your friend?
Let me tell you girl; YOU ARE TALENTED Posted by Hello

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 2:18 AM::

6 Comments:

Blogger Q80-ChillGirl said...

The girl is talented no doubt about it :} its enough she is determined to finish school after all, she has a lot in her. Congrats D'n'G now you have an official opinion :D oOo Thanx Rabab for taking the time to do thins :>.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

...... I'm shocked!

Rabab thank you sooooo much for sending it! I totally didn't expect that! ...... I'm soo shocked!

but see? They're askin about my age haha They think I'm a kid :P

Again, thank you soooo much for encouraging me and sending it *Hugs Rabab* :)

Q80-Chill Girl - Thank you :P

Agool Purg, .... 7arrah! haha

11:56 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

DG,

ok.

1:14 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

D&G
Three more dear and you're on your own
Good luck sweetie

Review:
This is a really cute poem. Not too long and full of great imagery. Ones we can all relate to, from days past in school. Good rhyme and good descriptions.
Reviewed by
judybd5
(Talented Level)
Rated 4/5

Review:
I really enjoyed it! Great rhythm and rhyme the tempo was consistent throughout this great piece. I especially liked the last stanza. It created such a wonderful image.
Reviewed by
tididasil
(National Judge Advocate)
Rated 4/5

Review:
I realty enjoyed that.
Terrific work!
The flow kept me going until
the gleeful end.
The title was well reflected
by the body.
Nicely rhymed and flowed.
Great job!
Reviewed by
billego
(Master Level)
Rated 4/5
ching ching

11:41 AM  
Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Hmm.... I still suspect something is up.

Okay Rabab, I'm going to write another poem later on to see if my "talent" is genuine or not, haha

Thanks again sugah ;)

7:38 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

D&G
Yeh, something is up, it's you girl, just do it

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home