.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, December 12

Rumor

A thought for today:
"The price of freedom is always responsibility"

Back in college, in one of my psychology courses, the subject study was "Rumor". Our TA handed a piece of paper to the first student sitting in the first raw of a large classroom that was occupied by around 70 students.
He asked this student to silent-read what's written on the paper, and then whisper clearly the content of the paper in the ears of the student sitting next to him, only he had to do it one time and no discussions were allowed. The next student was supposed to transfer this information to the other one next to him, and so on until the information reaches the last student in the class. The last student then would write the information down on a piece of paper and hand it to the TA.
Then the TA divided the board into two parts; he wrote the content of the original paper on one part, and the content of the second paper on the other part of the board.
This is what was written on the first part of the board:
One of the A-students in the class did very good in the previous test especially in the question that involved a personal experience.
And this is what was written on the other part:
One of the girls in the class had sex with the instructor.
heheheeeeeeeeee
What did these two sentences have in common that all related to?
1-A personal experience and sex.
2-Our last exam was in Sex Education, and not to mention that the teacher was awesomely handsome.

Conclusion:
A rumor starts with the way we transfer the information, and the way the receiver's mind understands this information.
None of us meant any harm.

So, next time you hear some news, don't spread it, coz you might be spreading a rumor and you can never imagine how much harm you participate in doing unto others.
ChingChing

The Angel of Nekyia

By:A. Andrew GonzalezPosted by Hello



Posted by AyyA:: at :: 1:50 PM::

16 Comments:

Blogger Peach said...

U know I agree with you on anything you say Ruby :) But that angel of what'sit! That is gorgous!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Jelly Belly said...

Rumors...man do I hate rumors...I could so relate to that example..I had one about me that it was so outrageous...If only people think "ishwaya" before opening their mouths!

1:44 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

mydream
How about playing the role of the girl in question; the one that was the second paper about? Besara7a; I wouldn't mind, you should have seen the instructor and how all the girls in class competed for his ATTENTION ;)

Patricia
Yes dear, and the problem is that when we do that we never mean to hurt anyone, some of us just say it for the sake of saying something.Someone I know which is a dentist, she never stops telling stories about others while you have your mouth widely open and can't ask her to shut up coz this is not amusing. And I know that all her news is garbage, but she says them in a way as if she's been there. I just stopped going to her clinic, coz every time I go there my toothache gets worse, and ON TOP OF THAT I develop a headache. And I'm surprised that you did not mention anything about the painting. You know I expected that you in particular would like it :), I'm sure you forgot ;)

Peach
Hey Creamy Peachy, I know dear, this painting is one of my favorites, just look into her eyes for a while and see what feelings do you get, and did you notice the rays coming off of her main energy centers; the forehead which means spirituality, the heart which represents love, and the naval area which represents sex.And the gesture of her hands on her heart energy center indicates that she is spreading her love around.This Artist is simply brilliant. I now have this pic as my desktop wallpaper :), stretched out, it is even more amazing.Try it and see for youself

1:59 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Jelly Belly
We all do dear, I have had my share trillion times, and this is the problem; they simply don't think.

2:03 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Peach
ooooooooops spl mistake; naval=navel

2:07 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Here is a rumor

P4 :P

5:11 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Purg
P4?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Yes P4.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

what was that ?!!

P6?

8:21 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

:P peach, thats too quick

9:11 PM  
Blogger ولاّدة سابقاً ... رانيا السعد ...رانية المنيفي حسب الأوراق الرسمية said...

سيكلوجية الإشاعة موضوع شيق
لقد حللتيها رباب بشكل فيه الكثير من حسن الظن والإيجابية كعادتك

في رأيي أن الإشاعة وسيلة الكثير من المعقدين للتنفيس عن إحباطاتهم من خلال الحديث عن أشخاص وجودهم في هذه الدنيا يجعلهم يحسون بالنقص

أنا شخصياً اكتويت بنيران الإشاعات مرات عدة ولا تزال آثار الحروق في قلبي ونفسي وروحي

لذا فتناول هذا الموضوع دائماّ يثير في داخلي الشجون

2:50 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Dear Wallada
You are right dear; there are some psychos that start a rumor out of jealousy. But these are not the ones I'm addressing here.. And you something; although I do get hurt from the effect of a rumor from jealousy, but it also gives me some sort of pride. Surprised? Well this makes me feel that I must be special in some ways to make others feel jealous and start such nonsense. Well dear, those people I don't deal with, and do not address them in any of my posts. They are sick, and no medicine can cure them.

4:14 PM  
Blogger ولاّدة سابقاً ... رانيا السعد ...رانية المنيفي حسب الأوراق الرسمية said...

نعم الآن فهمت
شكراً على التوضيح

5:14 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

Purg.. u think I'm slick .. why thank u my dear :P

Rabab,
I did what u said, first I felt a cense of calmness wash over me .. And after a while the feeling started to get almost overwhelming, but not quite .. & I could swear I felt those rays touch me :)
don't ask me to describe the feeling .. I was meditating .. so you know what I'm talking about. Simply lovely :)
I can describe the feeling after though ;) By translating my brother’s physical acting ;) It was like hugging ur self and flouting like a leaf (^.^) Keep Cartoon Puppy Image in Mind :P

9:00 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Peach and sexy too :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Peach
This Artist is known for his links to many spiritual connections. I am simply in love with him.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home