.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 25

A Spiritual Day/ Raja Yoga

Satarday, 23rd of April; I attended a one day retreat on The Art of Being Peaceful, Powerful and Purposeful in Kuwait Village in Alfintas. The conference started with a welcoming note from Sister Wajeeha Al-habeeb, Director of Kuwait American School. And then Sister Aruna Ladva( Director, Bahrain Meditation Center) started the conference with an hour of “Discovering Spirituality” session, another half an hour in group meditation. Then through the “Dance away the stress” session we did some yoga exercises in the open air for about an hour. Then we gathered around on the grass and talked about “health and Nutrition”
After lunch we attended another 3 more session with the titles “who am I really and what do I really want?”, “Silent time:”re-visiting the laboratory of my mind” and finally “self motivation". All throughout the sessions some time was spent in group meditation.

The retreat (they prefer using this terminology) was awesome although the organization was not very encouraging at the beginning, but once the sessions started; the whole 9-5 hours just flew in serenity and tranquility. And I think I got recharged for a week. You see; group meditation is not like meditating alone, it’s much more powerful and the feeling I can best describe as being light.

There were around 30 people present from different cultures and religions; they had one thing in conmen; the love of God that emanated through their relaxed and vibrating faces.

As I mentioned earlier the organization was a bit lousy; I did not know about it until a day earlier and by the phone. Or else I would have advertised it for whoever is interested. Anyway there is supposed to be another one on Friday 13th of May, I’ll let you know when this is confirmed.

Annnnnnd I’m planning to visit Mount Abu/ India next October for a 10 day spiritual retreat. :)

Here is something that came to mind while I was there:

Group meditation

I long to fly
I long to reach beyond the sky
Tell the music; skip not a cord
As I linger in my zone

The tiny light, in a center
Zoomed out a brighter circle;
All colors danced around;

Rhythmically tight
As I continued my flight

The bliss inhaled through mighty air,
Was something beyond compare,
Emanated through the lovely faces
And rode on a floating course

And it reached me
The being
The soul
As I continued to soar

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 7:16 PM::

5 Comments:

Blogger mishu1984 said...

Sounds like you had a wonderfull day! hope you had a great one

9:04 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

I attended group meditation only once before. and it was everything your poem mentioned and more ;) although at the time I was just a beginner (not that I'm much advanced now ;p) The group energy certainly did reach me and lift me high ;)

9:13 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Misho
Oh yes, it was like unloading your stresses and negative thoughts right there, and riding on a breeze back home.

307cc
Mount Abu trip is a group journey organized by the Brahma Kumaris/ Raja Yoga group; they had a similar trip two years back and I missed it. It’s a 10 day going back to nature, in the mountains, healthy living and lots of yoga practice.
It is visited by yoga practitioners from all over the world; rich and poor, layman and celebrity and you get to meet them and share your ideas. I’m looking forward to that and sure don’t want to miss it this time.

Peach
There you go :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Hey DJ
You have no idea how good it felt, and this is not my first experience. When I first practiced it I started to cry tears of joy and at the same time felt ill at ease because I could not stop (that was embarrassing).
Oh I can’t wait for October.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

Very interesting to have such a retreat in Kuwait. Actually I always hear about things/events after they've happened for some reason. It would be nice to be able to prepare for events beforehand.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time and it looks like you tried to get the most out of it. :)

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home