.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 13

Foziya Al-Ba7ar

I was surprised when she got appointed as a municipality member, since she is not the type of a person that liked publicity (as I heard) and I have never met her in my career life, nor have I seen her in The Engineering Society during my active years there. But I knew beforehand that she was nominated by the Society along with other six women engineers for the post and I heard all good things about her.
The other day and precisely on Sunday June 12, as I was lazily reading my newspaper(AlQabas), I skimmed through an interview with her, and all what I read was not different than any other ( kalam jarayed) until I got to the bottom of the page and a statement caught my eye:


و مطلوب من اعضاء المجلس البلدي و كذلك كبار موظفي البلدية ان يكونوا قدوة حسنة للاخرين , و انا شخصيا افضل ان يقدم كل عضو في المجلس ذمته المالية في اول يوم عمل في المجلس

That statement is really powerful, imagine if each member submits his financial status before commencing work; a financial statement that can always be a yardstick to the member’s honesty, especially when it comes to Municipality where the big buck is and very hard to specify the misdemeanor due to the nature of the task involved.

Dear Foziya
I hope that your statement is not just words on paper and is not only a good intention, now that you have the power to act; I hope you will prove it with action.
Best of luck to all.

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 4:35 PM::

3 Comments:

Blogger heezy said...

You may want to read this article in today’s Al Watan about this very issue you’re talking about.

Someone doesn’t seem too convinced and is “not pessimistic” "غير متشائم"

I won’t come out and say it, but there are only three families in Kuwait who really control the fast-food industry and its all about Location Location Location.

Two Words*

PIZZA PIZZA

* I know its one word repeated.

7:02 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Nice article playa hater, thanks
It’s good to know that there are other members who are supporting her suggestion as well, but what I don’t understand is the fierce fight over presidency.
LOL, shakhbar Mel Brooks

10:49 AM  
Blogger Jandeef said...

Makes perfect sense to me.

لا تبوق ولا تخاف

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home