.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 28

I wish I was born amidst the Renaissance Era

Technology can be really annoying at times; sometimes when you would like to be left alone to enjoy your privacy and gather your thoughts, people would just not let you be. You ignore your telephone calls and they are after you with their SMS’s, sometimes I really hate SMS’s, especially when the person who sends it knows that you have ignored his phone calls and still wants you to get the message. And when you reply it’s bad because you don’t want to hurt anyone’s feeling by saying:’ buzz off, I can’t talk now, I need to be by myself for a while to think things over”, and most of the times they take it personally and get hurt, and when you don’t it’s even worse coz the SMS’s never stop or they would start worrying.
We have all means of communication, whatever information we need or don’t need are at the tip of our fingers, there is no room for imagination, or if there is it’s completely distorted, and that’s why at times we need to just be left alone, to be with the self that we have forgotten in the chaos of life, to feed the mind and recharge it with imagination, is that too hard to understand?

I think I really need this vacation now.

A side note:
Sorry if I have hurt your feelings, I never meant to, but I have been used and misused all my life until I have developed immunity against that; so stop being persistent, and stop f*&*ing with my mind; it doesn’t work.

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 4:50 PM::

8 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

I agree sometimes I too wanna be born either in the Renaissance or Regency England Era.. But then for me technology tempts me back to reality :P What would I do without my PC :P

8:42 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Told you so.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

We need to go without mobiles and laptops and Internet connection from time to time. Being connected at all hours is certainly unnerving. The best feeling is turning your mobile off or not taking it with you when you go somewhere.
I understand you :)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Shurouq said...

We can all relate to this post. Too much communication, too much information..

Plus the guilt trip people throw your way.

Ayya, You shouldn't be apologizing to anyone.. especially manipulative friends.

I tried, but I can't turn my mobile off coz I'm always worried something bad's gonna happen.
A few years back I couldn't go to sleep before watching the 3am news. And now I hardly ever go to bed before checking my e-mail and a couple of news sites.

It can't be good.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jelly Belly said...

I have mastered the art of switching my cell phone off when I need to be left alone...it wasn't easy thing to do at first...a lot of my friends got pissed at me and told me I need to snap out of it...but it took them some time to understand that I like to be left alone sometimes...I love spending time alone at home...just reading or watching a good movie or listening to a good song...I swear sometimes I feel there is nothing better than that.

11:26 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Jakhos
I miss my PC too, but only because I’ve gotten used to it :(

Purgy
You have told me a lot of things, so which thing you were referring to, sorry, I could be slow at times :p

Jewaira dear
I can’t switch my mobile off; I have responsibilities toward my clients and also for emergency purposes(kids).

Sharooqa
Believe it or not, I wake up in the morning, turn on my PC, go wash up and fix my coffee, check my blog and some others before even reading Alqabas (the only hard copy I get), check the poetry critics’ site then I would start my day by reading other newspapers online, this has been my routine since September except for the last few days when I really felt I needed a brake. And do you think traveling would keep me away from my PC? I doubt it; most probably I would be taking my laptop with me although I am planning on a drastic change while I’m away.

Jeliwa El7ilwa
I tried, walla I tried with some people it is really useless and they never understand. Some people force themselves in your life whether you like it or don’t, everybody has their own problems and they just want to dump it on you, it’s ok sometimes and you can listen, give an advice but at other times you just can’t, I’m not the type that can talk easily about my problems let alone dump it on others and when they accumulate I just want to be left alone so I can think properly, but they don’t seem to get it, they think since you don’t talk about them you don’t have any. People can really be selfish at times :(

11:32 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

:) I will discuss at a later time.

5:12 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

SHQ8eya
Ma sawaina shay :p

Purgy
I’ll be waiting for that ;)

Tantalize
LOL, believe me it worked

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home