.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 1

Fraud from abroad

Is it only me who is getting this loads of e-mails for transferring some millions of dollars to my account, or this is a universal fraud system that is going around these days? As a sample of such an e-mail I am posting one hereunder, taking the identities out, although they deserve to be exposed.
Although I don’t know what is their mechanism, and how can they trust a complete stranger to transfer such an amount to his bank account, but it sure sounds fishy.
I’m sure they have gotten a hold of my e-mail through my blog as much as being positive that they do read this entry.

One message I want to cross to these people; regardless of your intentions, some people do not believe in gaining money that they did not earn, for them it’s a principle and I belong to this category.

Another message to other decent people who are reading this entry; don’t be fooled by such e-mails, there is a catch in that although I don’t know it, and if anyone of you knows about it, please enlighten me.

The sample e-mail:

Hello Dear,

Please permits me to introduce myself to you. I am Mr. --------, The
Financial Controller, Nigerian ------------

My purpose of writing to you is this: There was a contract awarded to a foreign contractor, by the Contract Awarding Committee of the ------ in the year ----- and the contract has completed and commissioned. The contract amount was ------- Million United States Dollars only but the contractor was paid 50% of the total contract sum.

Now, the remnant (50%) ----- Million United States Dollars has been released since ------- by the federal ministry of finance for final settlement to the contractor. The money is presently in the suspense account of the------- Since then, the contractor has not showed up and now I had that he is dead. All the documents that was for the contract are with me.

So I will like to make a deal with you. I want to present you as a sister-company so that the------ Million United States Dollars will be transferred to your account. After the transfer of the fund, you and I will share the money, 40% for you and 60% for me.

If you are interested and can handle this offer, please contact me on this email address:---------- so we can discuss on how to proceed with this transaction.

Warm Regards,
-------------------

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 11:28 AM::

10 Comments:

Blogger Nooni said...

u really read those :) i delete anything i dont know :P

1:04 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

I do delete them nooni, but they keep coming and I don’t really understand how does it work, I mean how about if some one opens a new account just for that purpose, then close it after the transfer is done, that’s if there was a transfer to start with then how would these people benefit?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Flamingoliya said...

it's junk mail. they don't get your email just from the blog. they can get it from any site you register at.
i even receive these at work, imagine all the fuss. i open each of them just incase one was directed to the boss or something. but since this is your personal email, you'd better delete them as many contain viruses.

6:44 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Oh thanks for the tip dear I didn’t know that!

7:19 PM  
Blogger SillyBahrainiGirl said...

omg.. i was just thinking that.. i even got a mail addressed from suha arafat;)
hehehe
even though everyone knows that it's a scam, there are retards out there who fall for it..

2:08 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

SillyBahrainiGirl
Suha 3arafat marra wa7da LOL
Welcome aboard dear, wi ya halla bkil hal elba7rain :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Desert Girl said...

Check out this site, telling you how you can mess with the people who send you those letters:
http://www.419eater.com

3:04 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Welcome aboard Amerab, and thanks for the link, but it’s too much of a hassle, I guess just deleting them is not a bad idea after all ( phweeeeeeh)
Just visited your quarters, nice blog, I guess I’ll return the visit soon ;)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Closet Diva said...

hi ayya

this is money laundering. they benefit b/c they find a way to transfer the money into an unsuspicious account and thus confuse those that are after them. they are willing to give up half of the money (to you) as a price for concealing their transfer activity from the authorities.

2:18 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Luminous
I doubt if there is money to transfer in the first place, I think it has to do with your account coz that’s what they’re after; it’s a scam to trap you into providing them with your information and then somehow to rob you.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home