.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 25

Summit of the Eyes

















They finally faced each other
In a destined get together;
And the two pairs of eyes conversed

Eyes talk, you know

But oddly though;
They exchanged compassion
Not hate

Swapped ample pity
Not envy

Fate planned their eerie meeting
As it did their mutual longing
For him

Although I dreaded such encounter
Planned against it
But damn the stars when they intervene

Yes I saw her

Those were the eyes he kissed
And these were the lips he devoured
And that graceful body is where he resided in
Every part of her reeked with his scent


Yes, she was the one who ailed my being
The one who looted my paradise
And estranged my soul on a foreign shore;

Alone
Empty
And sore

But when the summit was over and done
I heard her pain amidst silent tones
And wondered if it wasn’t the other way around

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 12:29 PM::

4 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

Show me the honey

1:27 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Purgy
Manana ;)

Tariq
Ah …..that's a long story; I’ve been hesitant to do that for two years now, not completely satisfied with my stuff yet, but thanks for the complement dude :)

7:40 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

oh I loved that so much :) Even more than your other poems, maybe cuz it's very simple? I dunno.

And by the way Ayya,
You've been tagged ;)

1:23 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Peach
Thanks sweetheart, glad you liked it, and about the tagging, ah… I guess I will have to do that next…

Tariq
I did my studying in Engineering, but I took poetry as a hobby, that’s why I’m a bit self conscience about it, I have a site where I interact with international poets whom positively work as my critics and planning on getting some poetry lessons online, and although I have more than 150 poems some of which are already published, but still I think it’s a bit early to publish my own book, but I will someday inshallah
About a column in newspapers, I don’t think so because I find much more freedom in the Blogo-sphere. Our media as you know is corrupt.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home