.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, November 26

Tick your Souls with the Right Rhythm


Music; the food for the soul. I believe as much as it is important for us to choose our friends, it is as equally important to choose the music we listen to regularly. It does affect us and affect the way we lead our lives. For example; if we listen to sad music all the time, we tent to feel sad or self pity. On the other hand; if we listen to jolly and revitalizing music; we tend to look towards life with optimism.
I have been labeled between family and friends to be Mrs. Chills, meaning; I always listen to chill out and those are the only CD’s I take pain to dig out in different stores. I do not care what language they come in, the rhythm that ticks is what grabs my ears at first. But I listen to them with my soul not my ears. I can sit for hours in a room lit by candles and listen to my type of music without feeling bored. Tell me what type of music do you listen to and I can tell you what type of a person you are. No, I was just kidding, I don’t claim to have such ability. But any way I would like to know what type of music do you listen to on a regular bases.


Posted by AyyA:: at :: 10:20 PM::

10 Comments:

Blogger Jewaira said...

You're absolutley right about music affecting your mood and your state of mind.

I don't have one type of music that I listen to- I enjoy listening to all kinds generally depending on my mood while driving (because that is when I listen to music).

9:15 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Lady J
I do that too when I’m driving, which I don’t do much LOL. But when at home blogging or doing any other activities, I’d rather listen to my type of music. And I just got me a Nano iPod and downloaded all my favorite ones so I can listen to them while walking.

Bora bora
That tells me inich sa7bat mizaj 7ail, do you listen to Abdullah Balkhair? When I listen to him I can’t stop laughing as if someone is tickling me.
Btw, I come from a very talented family, my four full brothers play 3ood, and my sister plays piano. That would leave me with the 6ar I guess, and even that I can’t play, but I’m a good listener wi agdar a6ig sibi3 LOL

4:04 PM  
Blogger shosho said...

These days I'm hooked to 'phantom of the opera' soundtrack, and I'm looking for 'phantasia' that has the music but not the words.

I also like instrumentals, belly dancing stuff, 3awath aldou'7ee, sayed darweesh, miami, and mo7ammad alka7lawee (I bet no one listens to him but me)

Oh and my last month's favourites -Mozart's Requiem and Mai&Waleed's 'Laish laish ya Jarra' --> until now I don't know how I managed to get hold of this.

Needless to say my taste has been a constant source of ridicule throughout my life :(

5:32 PM  
Blogger Elegance said...

How about some flamenco to dance to in the Plaza Mayor in Madrid or Tango to dance with a handsome and passionate Argentinean guy ;) In the car, definitely Jazz, all kind of Jazz...I love Jazz.

9:21 PM  
Blogger غريب said...

شهزين ايا انه اتفك مع
elegance
لان جذبتها صج وكل شي تقوله عدل
ولهنا عليك عسي ماشر

1:22 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

shosho
Phantom of the opera is a bad habit that one can’t get over easily. Have you seen the play? If you haven’t, then I advise you to attend it, it’s awesome. And the CD’s you get from there is the best.
Belly dancing stuff? You must be a good dancer. Wi ba3dain I had to ask my mom about mo7ammad alka7lawee, imnain imtal3ita girl? I can tell from your variety that you are moody LOL.

Mello
Good taste Mello, Sade is one of my old time favorites, bas wainah elwajh el7asan to cuddle up with in a warm bed on a rainy day (sigh).

Elegance
You know whom I’d rather be with when dancing flamenco; my eltoraro (I hope I spelled that right). And as for tango; let me find the handsome and passionate Argentinean first wi ba3dain I’d do obo eltango ba3ad.

غريب
La te7ati dear, kil shat ok, I will soon be back :)

4:09 AM  
Blogger shosho said...

Moody? I wonder what you would have said had I listed all music I listen to :)

And with the lack of practice, my belly dancing years are over, I simply listen to reminisce the good old days when I was young and flexible :(

6:24 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Shoshowah
Inti khalsi wi ta3ali liKuwait and I promise to make you as flexible as a rubber band ;)
We’ll have our own belly dancing club; ishrayich? it's never too late

6:37 AM  
Blogger shosho said...

Sounds nice :D

10:11 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

:*

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home