.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 23

A Yoga Meditation

Nirvana
Dedicated to my sister Wajeeha Habeeb who had shown me "The Path"

In the death of night I rise
To wash away ugly vice
I enliven candle lights
And meditate into different heights

With sweet lavender oils I shoot
and start the "om shanti" salute
Like magic I start to float,
Soul out of my body I loot

I feel this wave of butterflies
In my limbs and behind my eyes
For a new dimension I demand
To open up at my command

Through my soul and through my mind
I seek calmness in a world unkind
I seek love, I seek purity
I seek the touch of immortality

I begin to see this tiny light
Emitting rays so soft and bright
Embracing me in delight
Resigning me to it's might
Ecstasy is felt with such a sight
How could this be a dead night!

Tears of joy would start to pour
From my eyes and each pore

I realize I'm almost there
Surrounded with love and care
A constant love that is divine
In a place I know is mine
A bliss that could not be found
Except on regions beyond sound

Hush now hush, peaceful soul,
You're in the attendance of "the whole"



Ruby Khaja

Copyright ©2004 Ruby Khaja

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 11:59 AM::

4 Comments:

Blogger AyyA said...

Dear Amando:
Passionate love of Yoga, very nice indeed; but it's not the real love, the real love is loving myself, therefore; giving myself some time a day and through practicing Yoga, get to know myself. Get in touch with my self, bring the real me out. This is essential to me to love others back. We live in a world of chaos; responsibilities, stress and tension. We need time to just tell the world stop, this is my life, and I'm not going to waste it by the trivial things that's taking all my time. Think about it, what have you done for you? When was it when you really felt happy? And why do I wait for the circumstances to make me happy? Why not create this circumstance in my mind and just feel all the hormones flowing in my body. Nourishing my soul and calming my mind.
Yoga is an art that no matter how much you dig into, you still feel like a beginner. Because it deals with mind power, and mind power is so vast, it's unlimited. But we are so scared to go beyond the norm that we always hesitate to go further, but once you let go of yourself you realize there is no limit, and the world is much nicer than what we admit it to be.

2:41 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Dear Amando,
Cheers
By the way; I’m really flattered by the comparison ;)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

Gosh Rabab that is beautifull. I think I might have myself a date tonight with livened candles and sweet lavender oils :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanx peach
Go for it girl, I'm sure you won't ever regret it

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home