.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, October 24

A Blissful Day


Today was a good day for me
I woke up in the morning very active, unlike the usual Saturday gloominess. Went to the office, and there on the floor it was waiting for me. A cup I got for participating in a poetry competition with the international poet's library, and a medallion. As well as, a one year membership in the international poet's society, and a title of the international poet of merit for the year 2004.
Waw .. That was really an exuberant way to start a day.

And since I was fully activated I thought I'd pay my mom a visit. A task I have been postponing for two years since she disowned me mainly for not being a norm in this reserved society. I have gone to the big house once before and stayed in my car for 20 min hesitating to get in, this time I told myself I'm going to do it. And I did it. It was not easy and I had to take a lot of shit from her, but I told her that this is the way I am. I'm sure she is not satisfied yet, but what matters is that I hugged her on my way out, kissed her head, and told her no matter what you are my mom and I love you.
Waw.. That was a relief.

Then I came home to my PC and guess who was on the MSN? sweet, sugar.. D&G. she was waiting for me to show me how to do my "best blog links" on the sideboard of my blog; a task I've been fumbling with for sometimes now and frustrated me. And still couldn't do it. So the angle did it herself for me
Waw.. now I can go to my favorite blogs with a click of my mouse.

To top it up another thing happened but I'm not going to mention it here for two reasons; one is because it's too personal, another reason is to leave some room for your imagination
Ching ching
Posted by Hello


Posted by AyyA:: at :: 1:27 AM::

16 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

Nice :)

Now for the negative comment:

How come I am dead last and with a small p?

12:31 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

P72
Coz you stole my aha
No dude, blame D&G for forgetting you and I added you latter and my spelling sucks. And don't you ask me to do it again coz I'm going to mess up the whole thing
And besides last is not always the worst

12:40 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Rabab,

your sweet as always, thanks :)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

I'm touched.. hehe I'm in the blogs that you read wow :P hehehe or like :P Thanks for the mention hehehe :D

2:37 AM  
Blogger mishu1984 said...

congrats!!! may you get many more

2:58 AM  
Blogger mishu1984 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:58 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Jackie
Sure babe did you have any doubts

Mesh, AltDad
Thanx, I really appreciate that

PSS
Welcome aboard friend and thanx for ur encouragement, and you know in the last two years, the only thing that really bothered me was that something might happen to her and I won't be around. Knowing the fact that she had cancer before. And although she got the treatment and she's ok now but still.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Congrats sugah! Now we have our very own celebrity on blogworld! ... well besides Maryam, Jackie, MadM, etc (all those that got mentioned in the Kuwait Times) ;)

Good move on paying your mom a visit. I'm sorry to hear that she disowned you but I'm glad that you decided not to conform and give in. You chose to stay as you :)

As for the links thing, please don't mention it sweetie cuz it was my pleasure!

Also what if I have no imagination! Tell us :P

I told you feeny ligafa mo 6abi3iya haha

3:38 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

D&G
A celebrity? Nooooooooo. But thanx anyway
And babe, I have been giving in for a lifetime.. but not anymore
And yes, you have a lot of that alright, imagination that is ;)

Shady q8i
Thanx dude, but I don't know which poem you are referring to, and if you are interested this is the poem I got the trophy for:

Strings

You tell me love is meshed with strings
how dare you say such things
Love is eternal, love is free
love is the essence of you and me

Love is giving, love is vast
unlimited to a narrow cast
Love is to feel the one you love
thought exchanged by a dove

Telepathy makes the world so small
creates intimacy into soul
The mind has eyes of it's own
it's not bound to what is shown

Sex is the act of a divine heart
in mind it starts then physical part
The long awaited dating grace
the lust, the trance in each embrace

But expecting things in return
and what we gave we must attain
Then we are being selfish dear
the love we claim is insincere

The wise has said in legendry
you love your bird you set him free
If back he comes he'll always be
if not, then never meant to be

Pat
Thanx dear but the poem you commented on " just a plain disposable lighter" I'm submitting on the February competition

10:02 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanx 7abeebti, hugs
And 'bout my mom; I know that I have a long way to go, but before I was not ready for her. Now I am :)

12:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Alf mabrook inshalla the humanitarian award cuz you are a super person.
Abt your mom glad you mustered the courage and went and got it over with.
1000 cheers to rabab

11:32 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Mosan
Thanx babe
I had you the conversation we had the other day on my mind all the way to my moms. Not only that; I was focusing on the words you said all the time when my mom was cussing me, AND JUST TOLD MYSELF...RELAX, RELAXthanx friend, you have been a great help.

12:51 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Passidon
Thanx, and welcome to the world of blogging and I'm sure your mom loves you too ;)

8:40 PM  
Blogger UzF said...

Wow rabab,
such an achievement!! you have all right to be proud about it, and even brag if u want ;)

.. for more successes in the future *thumbs up*

5:49 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanx UzF
Yeh I am proud, but not because I got the cup. I'm proud that the poem was read in an audience of 5000 poets form all over the world, and my country's name was announced with it. This is for all of us.

3:29 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

I'm really flattered Marumba, knowing that this compliment came from you, thanx buddy.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home