.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 3

I am Retiring


Today I have submitted my retirement to mark the day I left the Ministry of Public Works once and for all. More than 20 years of service I think is enough, time for others to take their shares. I have given enough to this institute, had my share of good times and bad. Have been through it all, from a fresh graduate engineer, to a section head, department head, and circulated between different managerial posts; CID Manager, General Planning Manager, Roads Planning Manager, Undersecretary's office Manager, Minister's Office Consultant, and finally, Construction Project's consultant. That means I have seen it from all different perspectives.
I'm proud and honored to say to the world that the Computer Information Center (CID) in the ministry (one of the major support departments) is my baby. It started with me, when I joined it was some small division consisting of non computer people who had hopes and vision but no means for the actual implementation. And with the support of the right management at the time this fetus grew into a full fledged respected entity, that still carries my scent, and my style. The people who are taking care of this unit are my students. And I'm happy I'm leaving my baby in their safe hands.
The time has come to be with myself, to do other things that I've always wanted to do. Yoga for one, and publishing my poetry book; which I've been postponing for two years now.
My official departure is 30/12/2004, but I have some leaves in my account, so starting with Eid holiday, I'll be off to Lebanon for a week then to Spain for a whole month, and I'll celebrate NYE, which is by the way my birthday, in Madrid
Goodbye baby


Lay your weary head my heart
Restful on my faithless arm
Trivial seems a pregnant night
When the sun denies us its steadfast charm

copyright:R.Khaja2004



Posted by Hello

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 1:09 PM::

19 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

eee zain etsween, who needs work anyways. Retire and do something useful like taking the demons out of me :)

8:33 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:12 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Pat
Thanx dear, it's really hard to leave something you were doing for years, you don't drive in the morning to work, the car just takes you there. Not to mention all the colleagues that you practically spent more times with than your own family. But there has to be an end to everything. Heck, I left my X, don't think leaving the job is going to be any harder ;)
Cheerz friend

3:14 AM  
Blogger mishu1984 said...

kinda early retirement. which is sweet. yalla al you need is a lounge by a sandy beach and mohitos and pina-colada gallore. i prefer bloody mary's but ohh well you cant always get what you want, but you can get what you need (great song by the way)

as a matter of fact my dear Rabab, my next post in my blog is dedicated to you ;)

4:59 AM  
Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Darling Rabab, it's apparent that you've put in more than your share of time, effort, and love into your work so you more than earned your "Rabab" time! G'luck with your yoga and poetry. Let me place the first order for your poetry book (signed copy please) :P

Have a safe trip, and have lots and lots of fun!

D&G Lovingly =) (sorry GiGi)

5:01 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Mesh
Thanx sweetie, that is so sweet of you.

D&G
One of my first published books is my gift to you 7abeebti (signed, sealed, and delivered)
Thanx, this would be the first trip in my life, in which I'd not worry 'bout coming back and have to deal with loads of unfinished business. yalla time for you to start off where I finished, good luck.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:27 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

P72
I apologize if I have offended you dude, it was only a figure of speech, and respecting your wish I removed my comment, and ok deal, I will try to tame your demon, no guarantees though ;)
kilshi wala za3alik

12:43 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Dear Marumba
A free soul I've come to be
Soaring in my destiny
Not the end rather the begging
Following your steps; my crony

1:23 PM  
Blogger 2 Second Club ® said...

Now only, you have started your life.. you should buy a red corvette, like the ones that retire in the states.. they always buy a vette.. LOL

Live your life to the fullest… enjoy every second, although I am not the one to say so, I’m living in my own nut shell here in the sand box…

8:20 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

The Don
We only make our own nut shell, and it's a pity. Coz life is beautiful if we know how to make the best of it. We don't feel this when we are younger, but every second of our life is too precious to go to waste.
And 'bout the red vette I might do that if I decided to spend the rest of my life in the states, but as long as I'm here, In Q8, no way..

8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My dear elf mabrook , I wish I can retire too and have my morning coffee with you..
Mishu I make the perfect bloody mary

12:15 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Dear Mosan
Thanx honey and it will be more appropriate sharing your perfect bloody marry in a brunch after retirement :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

Gosh al Mighty that's so sweet :`) I'm serious about that tear. all I can say to you Ruby is GO. just GO. My heart, hugs & kisses are all with u :)

4:10 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thank you peach, it you who's so sweet.

7:31 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Shady Q8i
May be my poem affected you ;)
And thanx dear
'bout Madrid; I love Spain in general, I love Spanish people. A lot of them come from Arabic origins and proud of it. You don't sense that in the south coz it's more or less a cosmopolitan area, but up north it's a different story. I love to go see Arab heritage in there and just sit and imagine how it was one day when my ancestors were there. Madrid is known to have special rituals at Christmas and NYE, and I always wanted to be there at that time.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

why madrid?!!
why not madrid.
I whole heartedly agree with u rabab
to me; Spain is Fantasy Land :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Sky Walker
Thanx dear, it's nice to enjoy what you are doing. I did too, or else I wouldn't have stayed that long. I was thinking of retirement for four years now, I have other things I wana do, and although takeing this step was not easy, it somehow came by itself at the right time.

3:13 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanx Poseidon, yeh I feel relaxed already :)

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home