.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, January 8

Hasta luego Madrid (1)

The thought of today:
"If someone defames you or insults you, shower him with flowers, smiles and good wishes"

Yesterday; Juan, Elegance and I got back from a trip to Spain, France and one day in Bahrain, the trip was a treat, and although I've been to Spain many times before, this country never seizes to amaze me; I love the easy atmosphere and simply adore the Spaniards, and more than any other time I wanted this trip to be special; it marks a turning point in my life, therefore I got a little notepad with me and wrote my diaries, after all, how long do you think I can stay away from blogging,. My blogging buddy Jowaira http://jewairasboudoir.blogspot.com/made the mission impossible for me; I think of her as a Lebanese neighbor who calls to say: wainik? Inzali ishrabi Ahwi le3ana.
Ok not all days are mentioned and not everything is written of course; only the things I wanted to remember years from now; good and bad.

Tues dec, 21

At last Real Madrid:
Today Juan and I purchased tickets to the soccer game between Real Madrid X Sivilla which is supposed to take place tomorrow, and although I attended two American college footballs before and one Kentucky Derby, this is my first experience with soccer. And btw; Joan is my Bahraini friend from Q8, and our Spanish friends gave him this name and gave me the name "Blanca".
We chose our seats through internet and went to the Santiago Bernabeu stadium; slipped the visa card in a machine and voala; two tickets were out.
Technology …man

The perfect Spanish amore:
Later on that night; in an Irish pub, inside Madrid; this Spaniard, medium height, nicely built, feathery long, dark blond hair and deep green eyes faced me on a table while I was sitting with my two regular companions, and as if no one existed on the table he blabbered some Spanish sentence that except for muy guapa, I did not understand another word. Elegance replied back that my Spanish is practically zilch and that he'd better speak English if he cares to have a conversation with me, it was then that this conversation in a broken English started between Mr. G (for gorgeous)and me:
Mr. G: where are you from?
Me: Lebanon (of course this is a lie)
Mr. G: where is Lebanon?
Me: In France.
Mr. G: I've been to France, It must be a beautiful place since it can produce some gorgeous woman like you.
Me: thanx (produce? What did he think? I'm a crop?)
Mr. G: what's your name?
Me: Ruby, and yours?
Mr. G: Juan, and I'm a journalist, and for your information I worked in Lebanon for one year and I know it is in Israel, how about you? What do you do?
Me: I'm practically jobless at the time being and I don't want to talk about it (so much for being a journalist if he doesn't know where Lebanon is).
Mr. G: from the moment I saw you I could not get my eyes off of you, you are a very interesting woman.
Me: interesting? (Now what on earth did he mean by that?)
Mr. G: yes, you have interesting hair and interesting shiny blue eyes.
Me: my eyes are green (again another lei, but what did he mean by saying my hair is interesting? This word could have a double meaning you know; it could mean nice and it also could mean the opposite, and since I'm loosing the hair perm I had last summer; my hair looks like a jungle, some curly, out of shape strands were pushing themselves between other straight strands which looked unusually interesting, hey guys never use the word interesting with a girl, it's a big turn-off)
Mr.G: your hair is shiny and soft.
Me: thanx (he'd better not touch it or otherwise he'll change his mind with all the hair gel I dabbed into my hair to make it look presentable)
Mr.G: and you have an interesting body.
Me: just gave him the look ( walain radaina 3ala el interesting?)
Mr. G: you have a petite body with all the womanly curves.
Me: I'm not petite (is this guy hitting on me? is Jewaira's wish for my birthday to find the perfect Spanish amore coming true?)
Mr.G: my friends are having a party, would you like to join us? You can bring your friends as well.
Me: no thanx, I'm a bit tired tonight (ok, now he wants to get laid).
Mr. G: ok I'll get you my card, please call me when you wake up tomorrow.
Me: ok
He left for a few minutes and reappeared with a huge guy whom he introduced as his friend who is having the party. This friend talked better English and tried to convince me to join his party. My friends on the other end were preparing to go somewhere else so I apologized and fled out with them. And as I was leaving he kept asking me to call him in the morning, forgetting that he did not give me his card… well so much for the perfect Spanish amore Jewaira ^o^.
Posted by Hello

Juan and the perfect amore

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 11:32 PM::

16 Comments:

Blogger Jelly Belly said...

7emdallah 3ala alsalama babe, missed u :****
I'm glad you had a blast, I never been to Spain...it has always been on my list bas shawagateeny 3aleeha akthar...
I can't wait to hear about the rest of your tales on the trip...love your little diary idea.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

I knew it, you two are in cahoots!!

12:43 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Jelly Belly
Allah yesalmich 7ayati. Spain is a land of dreams of good people, of heritage, better make it on your next traveling list;)
Purgatory72
So what if we are? are you jealous? You can join in if you like :)

1:19 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Rabab, join you J? sounds good to me :)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Interesting way of blogging your entries :P hehehe Yet as I was reading the conversation hehe I couldn't help but imagine you sitting there at that table with a pen and notepad in your hand writing every word he says and you say :P hehehehe but I know it was just up in my head :P

Welcome Back Rabab, You've been missed :)

P.S. My dad just arrived in Madrid hehehe :P I guess he's lucky :P

4:12 AM  
Blogger Flamingoliya said...

welcome back Rabab. INTERESTING conversation ;P

12:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

welcome back I missed you.
Who cares whether he knows where Lebanon is or not,,, how many times do I tell you abt the toy boy theory wa mako fayda minch. Stop being so deep and go on auto pilot and enjoy yourself.

I trust you had a fabulous vacation glad you are back.
You did not miss much in Q8. go back and take me with you.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Why is it that some Kuwaiti women do not say "Kuwait" when asked where they are from?

This is something Ive noticed in the past, and have never really followed up on it. but reading Rabab's entry has reminded me of it, so here I am asking.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Flamingoliya said...

muslim artist,
i don't know about Rabab, but some people i know "including myself maybe" take the defensive side. and speaking out of personal experience, many people get shocked and expect millions and OIL in our pockets coming from a rich country. that is the idea they get when we say Kuwait. so when im in a foreign country, i want to save myself from being robbed. some countries with poor turkish residents think we are turkish too because we are covered up. so they only welcome you in the shop when you tell them you are kuwaiti. they expect you to buy alot. And if you’re in a poor country like Egypt, people would follow you around expecting tips.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

Rabab
Welcome back- so good to see you've opened shop again :)
I have been checking your blog daily and the day you decided to post I have been busy!!
How you made me laugh and laugh reading this entry. I could just imagine your inward reactions during the conversation. I don't care what he looked like, if he is a journalist and doesn't know where Lebanon is, well then, I would not consider him for a moment.
So you didn't get your passionate NYE & BD kiss? Hmmm perhaps you will tell us more :)

And Muslim Artist :)
Hi. The reason Kuwaitis may choose not to identify themselves abroad as Kuwaitis is primarily to avoid stereotyping and possibly prejudice. If you do not look distinctly Kuwaiti, it is better to blend in with the people in the host county to avoid any problems associated with travelling abroad when it comes to relationships, or monetary matters.
When I know I am in a safe situation, I never hesitate to say I am Kuwaiti and always strive to represent my country and its people in the best possible manner.

1:12 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Jackie
Thanx sweet Jacks, and believe it or not, I did have the notepad handy all the time, whenever I leave a place I would take it out and write few keyword entries, it was fun, I've never done that before and my friends laughed at me every time I took the notepad out. So you were somewhat right; it was not just your imagination. And too bad I did not get to run into your dad :( , and it's nice to feel I'm missed, I missed you too hun.
DJ
Hey DJ, whatzup sweetie I missed you. How was your holidays? I'll check your blog soon and it better have some spice and sugar ;)
And babe; smooth talking or no, how many chances have we slipped right out of our hands (sigh)
Flamingoliya
Thanx dear and welcome to my world. And I think that this conversation is not unusual, I just thought of writing it down as a memorandum so that when one day I change into this old crummy woman that no one would bother to give a second look to, I'll read and remember the good old days. As you may know, I have just retired and I have to think along this line :)
Mosano baby
I missed you this much (hands stretched), well, how did you like my perfect Spanish amore ;). As for the toy boy I think you are right and I should start doing that, and mind you I still can go very deep with that ;)
My vacation was marvelous and there are yet more to come with photos I'm sure you'd like, and next time I'll make sure that you are with me.
muslim artist
first welcome to my little humble world.
for me the reason behind not saying I'm from Q8 is because I don't look Q8i, and even here in Q8 when I meet people they drop their jaws when I say I'm from Q8, so the easiest way out of the " how come? And the trailing conversation into my family linage" I just say I'm from Spain and everyone buys it. In Spain I can't say that, so I say Lebanon "we afok 3omri"
another reason is Q8 is known to be a rich country and the minute you say you are from Q8 people would think that you have an oil well in your backyard, and that you are some kind of a princess. I know this is nice, but I don't want others to look at me and substitute two dollar signs for their eyes, capito?

1:24 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Jewaira
Hey you cutie,
I did not miss you one bit coz you honestly were with me all the time.
And as for my NYE & BD kiss, mind you I got more than that ;)
There is more to come babe so hang in there :)
I saw your comment and Flamingoliya's right after posting my last comment, and I do agree with both of you on your reply to muslim artist.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Flamingoliya said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:50 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Ok guys non of you noticed the date on that photo, or the fact that Mr. perfect Spanish amore did not have the long feathery dark blond hair in the photo as I have described him on my post. And although I was expecting to see some comments on that especially from Purgy Purg, bas yalla, yes this is also a lie; I did not get the amore's picture taken :)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

Rabab!
Walla I noticed but I didnt say anything. I just thought hmmm description shay and the way he looks something else!! Funny girl

4:08 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

You know Jewaira I did sense that you noticed and did not wana comment on that.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home