.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, September 27

Sameera / the struggle of a single woman “VII"



A continuation
A shred of hope:

That night Alberto walked her to her car and their conversation continued for more than an hour beside her car as if none of them wanted to say goodbye. But in the end when she finally said the dreaded word, Alberto approached to give her a goodnight kiss.

As he got closer, his eyes searching her lips, Sameera involuntarily closed her eyes in an anticipation to feel Alberto’s lips on hers, her heart started rapidly pounding and her entire body trembled at his touch as he drew her closer to him.

But to her shock, she only felt a quick kiss on one cheek barely touching the corner of her lips; an unexpected act that bulged her eyes wide open in response, and in the process she noticed the embracement on Alberto’s face who was trying to avoid her stare and started blabbing some fare well wishes before walking back to the party, and without thinking, she dashed herself in the car and quickly drove away wishing in her heart to vanish from his sight, as if she was running away from her shame and her humiliating embarrassment.

On her way home, and as she became able to contain herself, she automatically called Fowziya, who was still in the party, and she sarcastically told her of what a fool she had made of herself amidst tears of embarrassment and regret that fowziya couldn’t decide if she was actually aware of what she was saying or was it the booze talking.

For the next few days Sameera could not think straight; at night she tossed and turned in bed unable to push the dark thoughts off of her mind, and during the day she just wanted to forget the whole thing and never talked about Alberto again; she had never been more humiliated in her life, what happened was a slap on the face that woke her up to face the harsh reality of the myth she created in her mind; Alberto was never interested in her, and she probably was unintentionally too pushy and this intensified her fears to face Alberto again.

Few nights later, and as she was attempting to get some sleep her mobile rang, she guessed the late caller was most probably Marwan; those kids never give up do they? She struggled to free one hand from the tumbled sheets around her body and reached out for it, in the dark, in an effort to silence the noisy device, but when her eyes saw the flashing “Alberto”, her whole body jerked in one movement to a seated position and the mobile fell off of her hand and landed under the night stand.

She immediately jumped out of bed, stretched one hand under the small table, and in her haste not to end the call she pushed the talk button before retrieving the phone, it took a while to place the mobile receiver on her ear and hear Alberto on the other end yelling :” hello, hellllloooo, are you there”
Sameera:” yes, yes, I can hear you” and she sighed; (oh thanks God he’s still on).
Alberto:” I’m sorry, did I wake you up?”
Sameera:” no, I was not asleep” (are you kidding? You can wake me up anytime you gorgeous you).
Alberto: “well I could not go to sleep, so I thought I’d call you up to punish you for being the cause of my insomnia.. hahahaaaa”
Sameera:” oh really, ha …how’s that?” (oh my God now he’s going to talk about that night, I shouldn’t have picked up the phone, no I don’t want to hear another word about that night).
Alberto:” I don’t know how to say this, it’s really embarrassing”
Sameera:” is everything OK?” (yeh tell me about it, the embarrassment is all mine dude).
Alberto:” you know I’ve been living with my girl for three years now”
Sameera with tightened lips:” yeh, the one you’re engaged to be married to” (you did not call in the middle of the night to discuss your girlfriend!!!! offffff, ya dil girlfriend elli mo hadatna fi 7alna)
Alberto:” actually we’re not engaged, we have postponed that”
Sameera:” oh, really? I thought you said..” Now she’s wide awake.
Alberto:” yes, but before leaving for her vacation, we had decided to wait on any serious commitment and not rush things”
Sameera;” I see” (hmmmmmm nice development)
Alberto:” well, before meeting you I was sure that I was in love with her although our love boat did not always sail as peacefully as we had hoped. But after seeing you I have experienced a weird kind of pull; it’s like there were some vibes in the air that drew me to you, and ever since this happened I’m not so sure if I want to be with my girlfriend; if I love her, then why is this happening to me, and I sensed the same feelings from you, but I’m not sure of my feelings anymore and I’m not the type that can do that to any person, I mean, when I commit I want to be a loyal, devoted person, soul has always been more important to me than body, and I can feel you in my soul and this has never happened to me before, do I make any sense?”
Sameera:” ah, I’m not sure exactly, no?” (oh my, oh my, this is getting better).
Alberto:” I mean, I’m so attracted to you and if I’m with another girl, this shouldn’t happen, but from that first night I felt this thing for you and I also sensed this vibration coming from you and I’m puzzled”
Sameera:” ah… to be honest with you, I had this feeling as if I had known you all my life” (now l have to ease a bit before I make a fool of myself again) “but I know you are with another girl and I can’t see myself building my happiness by ruining someone else’s” (now why the hell did I say that).
Alberto:” yeh, I know what you mean and I repect you more for this, I just wanted to be clear and sure about this, but believe me it’s beyond me; I don’t want to loose you nor ignore my strong feelings toward you and regret it later, at the same time I don’t want to hurt my girl, she is a sweetheart and she does not deserve this from me”
Sameera:” well, I guess you have to decide what you want to do, and believe me if you decide to stay with your girlfriend and that would make you happy, I’d be happy for you despite my feelings towards you” (now would I really?)

The conversation did not last much longer before saying their goodnights, but Sameera’s heart was contented and she peacefully slept that night with a shred of hope. Now she’s sure that she was not imaging things as Fowziya was constantly trying to convince her and that the feeling between her and Alberto was indeed mutual as she had sensed the first time they met, but he had to decide now which one would he rather not loose; his long time girlfriend or her, at the same time she felt a surge of guilt, and tried to convince herself that if Alberto chose to be with his girlfriend, she would surly understand, and would admire him even more, or at least that’s what she was trying to fool herself to lighten the quilt that started burdening her chest, this nasty uncomfortable feeling that made her feel unworthy and trash.

Next morning Alberto called and set a date to meet up with her for dinner to discuss things, the phone call was formal and quick since both of them were in their offices, but Sameera thought that it was the most romantic thing that happened to her in a long time despite her guilt, and she started debating in her mind what was she going to wear for that very special date, she wanted to look hot and sexy even though she knew that Alberto wanted her soul and not her body.

It was weird and out of character for a man to seek a soul rather than a body, Alberto did not deceive her, he did not look the type that would fool a girl into his bed. But the hot attire was out of question since she knew she could not do that for an early dinner, why did he choose it to be an early dinner? and why in a public place where she might easily run into family or friends? Why wouldn’t Alberto invite her to his place where they could have their privacy away from curious eyes just like all other men she’d known? After all, he knew her weakness towards him, he could easily use her vulnerability to his advantage, and may be in her subconscious mind she wanted him to do that, but Alberto was different; he was a man who believed in spiritual bonds rather than the physical fulfillment, a man who would go for a long term relationship rather than a passing fling. And that was the strongest reason for her to get more attached to him; he was curiously unique.

The dinner was a very pleasant experience; although it did not go as she had expected. Alberto did not talk about his feelings, nor did he mention anything about his girlfriend, rather their discussion diverted to cover aspects of supernatural powers, life and death, the universal energies and Tarot’s reading which he claimed he could read. He did promise though that sometime soon he’d read the cards for her, but he never mentioned when or where.

But while they were having dinner, Waleed called Alberto to see what he was up to, and very innocently Alberto mentioned that he was having dinner with Sameera. And since Alberto comes from a different culture than Waleed’s he did not know that by his statement he is starting a big dilemma for Sameera without him realizing it.

To be continued

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 9:38 AM::

5 Comments:

Blogger Jewaira said...

I love it Ruby! Unexpected twists and turns. I am glad you decided to continue the story :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger shosho said...

Ayya
Make Sameera a 'Samantha' and let her date Waleed too.
(Shoshoian request)

8:30 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

LOL, lady J
Thanks sweetie, I promise I’ll never stop ;)

Shoshoooo
Fa6asteeni min elthi7ik LOL

Shopaholic Q8eya
Hmmmmmm
Then wait :)

12:55 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Tantalize
Alberto’s personality does not allow such a mixture, he is an honest person, he does not know how to twist and bend and that would not help his relations with two females, one of them would eventually get jealous and that might be the end of both relationships.
So do I get an “A” master? :)

1:04 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Bora bora
I like your name, it drifts me to Bora Bora beach, Ibiza, anyhow; some women can not imagine themselves being a cause of misery for others especially when it’s comes to another woman, and there is a bond between Alberto and his girl and the fact that they did not want to rush thing could simply be due to any reason, but we can not deny the fact that Sameera’s appearance in Alberto’s life would definitely have it’s impact on the couple’s relationship, and that was enough for Sameera to feel guilty.

Mishari
Well thanks a lot dear, glad you enjoyed it :)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home