.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, October 5

Lets Play

Since this weekend is the first in the holy month, I want to make a confession;
when I write a poem I do not like to comment about who or what was behind the original idea or the inspiration, I like to leave it to the reader's imagination and the way they interpret and relate to it because I believe that once a poem is published, it becomes a reader’s experience and it does not belong to the poet’s personal life anymore, and to me, that’s the beauty of poetry.

Having said that; today I will break that rule and I will confess that the poem written hereunder was written to God (with the use of metaphor), but what inspired it? I could say many, but what if I get out of inspiration?
When this happens, I read other poet’s work and feel it, this feeling would create my own inspiration.

Meaning; my past experiences are different than that of the poet who wrote the poem and yet, I can feel a connection to his poem in my own understanding; it could be a sentence or it could be a word that provoked an episode from my past experiences, or a certain memory , I immediately write down whatever comes to mind mixed with present emotions that has nothing to do with the poem I read, and the outcome is something that is completely different than that of the original poem.
I’m sure that many of you who have read the poem I’m posting here have never suspected that this was a spiritual poem because he/she connected it to his/her experiences.

I Only Have You


To be with friends
And abandon you

To soar high, and dip low
To reach beyond what's attainable
And above what may sound reasonable
Yes, I might do that

I even might melt the sun
And glorify the moon
And dart the twilight
To catch the flocking birds
And make them fly with no wings

Oh yes, I have countless faults
And much more friends

Yet, I only have one lover
And that lover is you
Whom to me is indispensable


OK, you know the rules of the game by now;

-Stick to the title "Reverie".

-Write a poem of
any type or just a paragraph to materialize the inspiration you had in your own sense of grasping the poem or may be just the title that triggered your own experience

-Use any language that you feel comfortable with.

-Write as many pieces as you like, the space here is all yours.

-There will be no judgment of any type, remember; it’s not a competition.


Looking forward to joyful readings during the weekend in my quarters; soaring in your work of art.

Have a lovely weekend with your loved ones :)

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 8:42 PM::

10 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

The title is not reverie, am confused, but here is my poem as usual

I sit on a chair
watch tv
why?
because I can
I am lazy
I am a bum
come ramadan
I will not move
I will not stand
because I am lazy
like that

9:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amidst the fleeting memories
A woman haunts my mind
A faceless figure reaching out
She speaks so soft and kind
A hand I cannot hold
And lips I cannot kiss
The voice is clear as crystal
It's the details that I miss
And as I lay there thinking
I thought I felt your hand
I thought I felt your warmth
But it was the sun above the sand

11:46 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

Beautiful William :)

You know Ruby it is funny how much spiritual poetry directed towards God is in the tone of a love's voice. By the same token, some love poetry portray the lover in very spiritual terms and reverence.

1:42 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Lady J
Yes dear, and sometimes I tend to do both LOL
I’m still waiting for yours ;)

12:19 PM  
Blogger shosho said...

I had to wait till after futoor to post this :P

Reverie

A year has passed since our last embrace -
It was a mortal hour of speechless reverie.
Still I touch my lips looking for the trace
Of our last kiss under the old willow tree.
Since then, believe me, I have seen it all;
I saw cities - east to west - in water drown.
I saw the plague; I saw the high towers fall.
I even saw priests casting their fiery frown.
Yet amid the chaos, amid the blazing fumes
Amid efforts to save and eradicate our race,
Amid countless figures of nameless tombs,
I still think of you, and of our short embrace.
If there is sense to be found in all that mess
I will use it all to remember your soft caress.

© 2005 Shosho. All rights reserved.

4:10 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Eclectic
I'm working on that

8:03 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

In my reverie
I forgot that you
were not free
to dally with me

In my reverie
I couldn't see
anyone else in the picture
between
you and me

11:24 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Guys, thank you all, I really had a wonderful weekend with this entry, you were all great, one thing though, as I was reading your work of art, I felt sorry that they have to appear on a comment section, I mean I was thinking of someway to link your comment to your work in your blog for a wider audience to enjoy, madri, I have to think about it, and if you have any ideas let me know :* to you all

10:23 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

I'm not going to post a poem; I just wanted to say that I really liked your poem.

3:50 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanks Ben, i really appreciate it and I love poetry and I assures you that there will be lots of it in this blog, so welcome anytime :)

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home