.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 23

A thought for the weekend

The Mask

Isn't it a tedious task
Hiding behind a false mask
Disguising every intention
Suppressing genuine impression

Why can't we just be natural
Abandon thoughts that are lateral
Speak our hearts when we feel
Good or bad, at least they're real

It's the adapted cruelty ply
We learned as the years passed by
Ever really wonder why?
A child in pain never hides his cry?

Look within for the child you carry
Within your heart you always tarry
Nourish it with love and purity
It's the only way to sanity

Imagine a world with no deception
Faces with innocent complexion
Knowing what's on other's minds
By looking in their mirrored eyes

Wouldn't be a better place
For us humans to embrace
Who would care for heaven then
When we all carry it right within

Ruby Khaja
Copyright ©2004 Ruby Khaja


Posted by AyyA:: at :: 1:34 PM::

3 Comments:

Blogger AyyA said...

Thanx Ga6wa I'm really flattered

1:46 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Dear Rizzo:
Thanx dude, I realy appreciate it.
Just wanted to clear something here that being peaceful, in my perspective, is not being week, on the contrary, it’s much harder to fight violence with peace. It takes few hours to destroy a nation that was built in years.
What I’m looking for in this poem is HOPE. I’m hoping for a perfect society which is driven and controlled by love. This basic trait of human kind that we tend to forget about in this chaotic world. And the child here represents love, purity, and innocence. The more we go back to the basics, the closer we are to peace around the world.
You might say that nothing is perfect, yes, that may be so, and as I said… it’s just a mere HOPE.

2:08 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Alt.Dad
Thanx for taking the time to read this poem, I knew that you would like it. Just be happy that people like you and I are like candles, burning slowly to light the path for others, yet we do not melt like candles, we stand strong and happy. That happiness my dear friend that comes from giving, not taking. But unfortunately not many people know this fact. and as you said evil only kills it's beholder.
And 'bout the name; I don't mind being called by any name, Ruby was a nick name giving to me by my American friends in Knoxville Tennessee where I went to college "UT". This was mainly because they could not pronounce my name. Take care

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home