.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 9

Hasta luego Madrid (2)

The thought of today:
"everyday has a hidden secret; you have seen it many times"

Wed, Dec 22
I'm in an elegant pub, with Juan and his sister (my best friend Elegance who is our main guide in Spain), Pilar (our Spanish host), and Alberto (a Spanish friend who used to work in Q8 two years ago). The atmosphere is really relaxing after the soccer game which was a disappointment considering the arrogance of Real Madrid's players (lost zero to one).the stadium was awesome though vast and colorful and the cheering audience was cool; Juan and I dropped our jaws the minute we entered, and I felt my heart was fluttering with excitement.
I found out how addicted I was to blogging when one time I shouted on the top of my voice: move it Zaydoun http://zaydoun.blogspot.com/. My friend Juan corrected me: hey, his name is Zaidan, my friend must think I'm nuts.
The order and control in the stadium amazed me, although you see thousands of people dashing in the stadium and latter out with security men way out of sight, not a single shoulder rub you feel. It got me thinking what if this happened in Q8? How many out of sight pinches especially us woman would get?
The guy sitting in front of me is getting a wrapped hashish out and he is rolling his joint as if sitting in the comfort of his own home. I looked around to see if there were other curious eyes like mine, but no one seemed to bother.
Real Madrids audience were all over the stadium while sivilla's audience took one corner and they were the ones that made all the noise, they never stopped once cheering. As the situation got more tense at the end of the game Real Madrid's audience started cussing at their beloved team, and cheering up for the other team. Well, this is Spain, everything is a ok.

Posted by Hello


Posted by AyyA:: at :: 2:14 PM::

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know abt the excitement and the rush when you enter a stadium, I felt the same when I went to attend the rugby 7, although its not as fancy but yet the same I am addicted to attending sporting events.
Going to attend one this weekend you are welcome to join.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the zaydoun .... zaidan part is v funny

3:07 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Oh baby, make my day, where? And how?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Jelly Belly said...

Oh Rabab looks like a lot of fun...the last time I attended a match was between Qadseya and al-3arabi (go Qadseya) with my dad...hahahahahaha...it was fun
I love soccer bas I don't get to watch much since I'm here so I watch a lot of basketball (GO LAKERS)
When it comes to watching games I transform into "one of the guys" I already have the belly bas nage9eny beer o hot wings…LOL

3:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dubai dearst rabab

3:34 PM  
Blogger Zaydoun said...

Rabab.. that is so funny!! I love Madrid and should go again soon, but then there are so many places to see and so little time!! :"-(

4:44 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Jelly Belly
I'm not much into Qadisiya and Al-3arabi or any other local soccer; I love the international ones though, and may be the only programs that I care to watch on TV. And you know my fantasy is to attend the Olympics once. And have tried to convince my friends but none seem to care. I'm honestly is for that if only I can find someone who would go with me. To watch the soccer games, tennis and gymnastics and then party with the crowd afterwards, I think that would be a treat of a lifetime. And I have been to Volunteers football games a couple of times but nothing was like this.mosan mosan
Khalas, count me in
Zaydoun
See what you did to me Mr. Z ? I know what you mean and I also have this urge to see the other side of the continent that I haven't seen yet; like India, China, the Tibet and lots of other areas in the east. But Madrid is different; it's the city that never sleeps. If I did not visit Madrid once a year I feel something is missing.

6:53 PM  
Blogger mishu1984 said...

welcome back!!!

very funny abt Zaydoun!!! eheheh

12:35 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Mish
Thanx sweetie and welcome to Q8 life

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home