.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 5

A Far Eastern Flavor

Although this is my sixth visit to Thailand, this place never ceases to amaze me; I’m so taken by its culture; I try my best to mingle with Thai people to be able to understand the way they think.
Several years back when I first decided to visit this country, some people advised me against it, they said that the place is so dirty and is full of prostitutes and the only people who visit Thailand are the dirty old men looking for cheap sex with young girls.

And although that made me hesitant at the beginning, I finally decided to come see for myself the land of “ The King and I “and I never regretted it. And although I’ve been meaning to visit country sights in Thailand every time I visited, I have found myself spending my time in Bangkok; there is so much to see.

I haven’t been able to go around much in this visit so far because my mother is undergoing her periodic medical check ups for Cancer which we first discovered in this city few years back, she only trusts her own doctor who is one of the finest in the largest Cancer centers in the East located in Bumrungrad Hospital.
The tests are so trying for her weak body and I really feel sorry for her, but by tomorrow we get the results and hopefully all are OK (crossing my fingers) and our real vacation will start.

Let’s now get back to the subject; as I have mentioned earlier, a lot of people I know had warned me from Thailand, but to my surprise, none of them had actually visited and seen the country themselves but still were judgmental.

To me, Thailand is the land of rich culture and maximum extremes; very poor people versus filthy rich people, and along with that you can measure the amount of extremity that follows, very reserved versus very open. Sex is sold on street corners, while a decent kiss is audited on TV, cheap malls that sell copies of the original goods versus state of the art malls that sell brand names. It has every thing that you would want depending on what you are looking for. Here are some pictures that would give you an idea but remember that this is what I could get my hands on so far, there will be more to come inshallah:

Doctor’s waiting room; how pleasant and neat








A Japanese restaurant in the food court of the mezzanine floor of the hospital .... yummy








A view of the hospital foyer from the mezzanine floor








Water lilies








Wana have a foot massage?








The poor selling his cooking right in front of his house on the street which is more like a hut, how content and happy with the little that he’s got






My cabby back to the hotel ( pst. My mom doesn’t know or else she’d kill me LOL)

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 2:18 PM::

14 Comments:

Blogger q80_demon said...

"a lot of people I know had warned my from Thailand, but to my surprise, none of them had actually visited and seen the country "

Those who criticize other lands and cultures usually are the same people who have yet to experience what they dis.
Best wishes to your mother, hope the test results come back negative. And enjoy your time in that exotic land.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

Dear Ruby
Ma tshoof sharr el waldah. I hope all her test results are reassuring.
Very interesting photos; thank you for sharing :)

6:42 PM  
Blogger shosho said...

Matshoof shar and allah e6amnich 3alaiha.
I don't know why our people never try to explore different cultures and locations other than London and Lebanon. There are treasures in the east in thailand, india, sri lanka, and others. Try their herbal stuff, I heard it's amazing :)

6:47 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

:P

7:29 PM  
Blogger 2 Second Club ® said...

Ayya, I see you have found your Thai Chopper Dude !! lololol

and it's true, you are turning in to a Japanese tourist.. you're funny..

enjoy :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Shurouq said...

Ayya,
ألف سلامة وما تشوف شر الوالدة

Enjoy your time there and stay safe :*

8:43 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Q80_demon
Thanks dear for your well wishes, well some of the x-rays had shown something in the chest and that’s why she had to do the CT scan to that area which was not infected before, and although that worries me a bit but as the doctor said; it’s too soon to tell, so let’s hope for the best.

Jewaira
Thanks dear, ah waiting for the test results are the worst anxiety one could go through.

Shosho
Mashkoora 7abeebti, you know what? My dream is to go to India, if I could only get someone to join me. So far none of my friends are keen about it.

Purgy
:)

The Don
Thai Chopper Dude is only temporary, no one beats Q80i Chopper Dude ;)

8:57 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Shurouq
Mashkoora 7abeebti for your well wishes and I hope all goes well so we could go on with our plans :*

9:00 PM  
Blogger Beth Danae said...

your trip sounds awesome. I'd love to see it all firsthand some day, we shall see. I love american thai food, but I don't know if it is even close to authentic.

9:01 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:44 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Stay tuned Beth, there will be some more pictures posted, I guess I’m half Japanese after all LOL
Btw; what category did you include my blog in ;)

12:53 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Mom is ok thank you, results are ok, and I did take her to Reiki sometimes back in Kuwait to an American expert who visited Kuwait at that time just to present Reiki, but the problem with mom is that she does not believe in these things and that’s why she did not continue. She is stubborn LOL

5:17 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

Lol For The Last Pic ! , ur u got this carefree soul u go on with crazy things;P

7amdellah 3ala salamt elwalda , and .. Y i can't see my blog's name in ur List :'( !

10:00 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

It’s right there Eva, how could you not see it? ;)
Mom is ok thank you dear :*

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home