.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 14

Heaven’s Compensation

Katkoot is one year old today; my son brought her to me when he was traveling so I would take care of her while he’s gone. She was barely 3 months old at that time. I was a bit nervous at first since I’m not a cat person and don’t know how to deal with them. But by the time my son was back, Katkoot became my constant companion that I couldn’t do without.
Here is a poem I wrote about our first encounter:

The glistening iris kept dancing
Wondering who I was
Knowing what's on her mind, I had to be patient
Not to break her fragility
After all, like me she was in a strange mansion
Of different possibilities

I left her alone to explore my hospitality
She cautiously tiptoed until she faced me
Meowing, purring
Entwining her gaze with mine, a thread

Of hazel sunshine voyaged me along the bay
Of reminiscent far away shores
Where I watched sunset
Surrounding my image in his iris
And vowed to reside there forever

But that was long ago
And there was no forever

Now what kind of trick heaven was playing?
The new kitten and I both reflected and eased

The banging of construction workers next door did not distract us
Neither did the pains of the past

Two broken hearted, deprived
One from mother, one from lover
Now were united and eyes talked
Refuge, although lips never moved

I smiled as she lingered
Between my open arms
And I whispered
"You’re not alone"

Isn't she lovely?

Isn’t she wonderful?

Isn't she made of love?

Sa7i elnoom

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 11:59 AM::

10 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

I thought katkoot was a kid, turns out to be a cat!

12:27 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Purgy
You can say she’s my kid, my baby

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is adorable.

What if these sweet creatures are the angels meant to watch over us? They certainly bless us in unexpected ways.

12:57 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Intlxpatr
I believe that they are, I for one was going through a hard time in my life and was not even thinking to have a pet. Yet she came to me, and ever since she did, my life is not the same.

7:14 PM  
Blogger NewMe said...

katkoot is sooooooooo charming..
she looks in great shape..
thanks to your love and care..

our house was full of cats until my mum got asthma :(

3 years later we couldn't take it and decided time for a new pet..

we adopted a french poodle, peter!!
today,, he is the best companion i have ever had..

his existent is a gift to all of us..

have a good day ya 3asal :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Ahhhh poodles, I love dogs, I have two adorable Eskimo whites ( Frisky and Fatso), but they don’t live with me, they’re with the kids. And I love them. My neighbor also has a Siberian husky (Boss) which I dog-sit for him when he’s away, more of a dog person myself, but Katkoot is special.
Have a great weekend sweetie.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful cat!!!

katkoot is sweet like a candy

i adore pets specialy the cats, i had my first cat when i was 6 months ,we raised together..imagine ..when they used to make milk in bottle to me ..they make a one for her too..

my mom cant stand animals inside the house ...i had troubles with mom about this, i dont have any pet at this moment

i cosider the cat as friend more than a pet...

katkoot is special..i can see from her face she has the same inoccence look of a cute baby

im plannig to have a cat as soon as i graduate..no1 gonna stop me


sorry if my comment is too long


a hug for u and give a kiss to katkoot from me..i realy loved her

10:31 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanks sweetie, and I hope you get your own cat soon :)

11:23 PM  
Blogger BLonDDyKe said...

CUTE cat, i can have cats u know i have allergey from them :(, but man they look so cute.
WOW u know yoga!! did u saw the movie "Love GURU" its so funny ;P
Love the blog love keep up the good work.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

اووف عاد غرامي القطاوه مو وقته والله

ديري بالج عليها

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home