.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 21

Tagged Again!

I’ve been tagged by NewMe , and I think now I have the responsibility to respond. But before doing that I wanted to mention something first. When I read her post and knew about a blogger friend who left the blog-o-sphere for sometime and had returned, unconsciously; my hand clicked on the address of this blogger; Aba Alhakam Ibn Hisham but unfortunately it was not the blogger she was referring to. But I hope as she was reunited with her friend, someday Aba Elhakam will be back to give blog-o-sphere the liveliness it used to have, at least to me.
Anyhow; let’s start the show (I tried to translate as much as I could):

1- Are you happy with your blog layout as well as posts?

So far I am, although I’m not very happy with blogspot for not having the option to categorize, I would have preferred to have more organization in my blog. Nevertheless; blogspot has promised this option in its Beta version so I’m waiting and anticipating.

2- Does your immediate family know about your blog?

Yes they do, some also pass by at times and leave a comment, but not regularly.

3- Do you find it embarrassing to tell a friend about your blog?

Not at all, actually I encouraged many friends to start their own, some of them started but did not continue and others are now dedicated bloggers.

4- Do you consider blogging a private matter?

Once the writing is made public, then it’s not a private matter anymore. Nevertheless; what I write at times is a private matter and I have the choice to elaborate on it or keep it vague.

5- Did blogging positively affect your thoughts?

Oh yes in many ways, it took me away from the shell I had engulfed myself in, away from society for a long period of time when I realized that there were others who shared my thought and that I was not alone.

6- Do you visit the ones who usually visit you? Or do you open yourself to a bigger sphere in the Net?

At the beginning; there were only a handful of Kuwaiti bloggers, and one visit to Kuwaiti blog aggregator was enough to visit almost all Kuwaiti blogs, and through Kuwaiti blogs I was introduced to other bloggers from the Gulf area. But with time the number got bigger and I hardly have time to visit all, so I started my own links and these are the people who I usually visit, but when I have time, I still click on Kuwaiti blog aggregator to find out what’s new. All this besides the others who visit my blog, I do usually peak on the new comers, only to find out what type of mentality they have, and when I like what I read, I put them on my favorite list, then add a link to them when I have time.

7- Is the number of visitors important to you? Or you care more for your commentators?

The number of visitors is not important unless this visitor is a constant guest even if he/she does not leave a comment, because for some reason or another, this visitor shies out to do so, but his/her constant visit always leave a big smile on my face. But off course I appreciate my commentators more (not the spammers though).

8- Did you try to imagine your commentator’s physical appearance?

Actually; my mind did shape the bloggers with what they wrote. And I saw them all beautiful in my mind’s eye. But when I met some during the orange movement, I realized that they were much more beautiful than the picture my mind made of them, and there was no need to do much talking since they were already familiar to my mind, we just acted as best friends do, and that was really a nice experience. And another thing; I also noticed that the picture each blogger uses for his/her profile has a big similarity to the physical look.

9- Did you find a real benefit from blogging?

Oh yes, the biggest benefit was the orange movement that I wouldn’t have participated in without blogging. It also helped me to see my shortcoming especially in poetry which was the main reason that started me in this sphere. It’s not what the commentators said about my poems that gave me this indication, it’s what they did not say.

10- Do you feel that the blog-o-sphere is an isolated entity from the actions in the world around you?

In the contrary; I feel communicating with others through blogging zoomed the actions around me and made me more aware of the world and different human inputs towards these actions. We bloggers may have similar opinions to certain issues and different opinions on other issues, yet respect and cyber friendship is what unite us.

11- Does a commentator’s criticism bother you, or do you think that criticism is a healthy debate?

Actually, it all depends on the type of criticism. Constructive criticism never bothers me, on the contrary; it might make a shift in my original thoughts. Yet; criticizing for the sake of criticism does.

12- Do you have paranoia toward some political blogs and do you try to avoid them? Were you shocked that some bloggers were arrested?

No, I have no fear of politics or political blogs, as a matter of fact as much as I try to avoid politics, not because of fear, but because of the headache it contains, I find myself immersed in politics, and some of my posts clearly show that. As for the second part of the question; yes, I have heard of some who were arrested, but not in Kuwait. Nevertheless those incidents left me numb and ill at ease because I believe that every one has the right to speak his mind.

13- Have you ever thought about your blog’s fate after your death?


Yes, many times. And I’m glad I started it, because people die, but the written word never dies.

14- What is the song that you’d like to have it linked to your blog?

My mood changes all the time, and that’s why I do not link my blog to any song. But for now, I mean the mood I’m in right now, the song posted below is the one. Enjoy.

Ok, now I have to tag five bloggers, and since this post is mostly about experiences in blogging, I chose five oldies, not in age but in blogging, and here it goes:

Lady J
iDip
Killa Ma6goog
Papillona
shurouq


Note; if you prefer to post in Arabic you can find the questions in NewMe’s blog, good luck :)



Posted by AyyA:: at :: 1:36 AM::

17 Comments:

Blogger The Simper said...

#1, nice song.

#2, it is the first song i listend to this morning.

#3, i dunno why.. but i think it can be a good song for crowded kuwait's streets.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sort of made me laugh this morning when I reached up to question #8.

Do you think I resemble that picture I have up in my profile? I've always wondered actually.

The artist named that character in the picture as "Mr. Underwear".

Let me know, I'd love to hear your opinion!

Excellent post, loved your answers. :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger No3iK said...

i liked ur answers.
and the things bout after ur death (esmila 3laich)
i never thought about it before
and now im glad i have a blog :)

the other thing, the pic we have.
i heard from someone else after we met that i dont look like her but there is some kind of resemblance.
her words were (fekum nfs al ro7)
so i guess it is true.
:) nice blog.

10:01 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

The simper
It’s one of my all time favorites on which I trip sometimes. Oh and listening to this song while driving along Kuwait beach during sunset takes you to another world.
Here is the lyrics:

"Beyond The Invisible"
Enigma

I look into the mirror
See myself, I'm over me
I need space for my desires
Have to dive into my fantasies
I know as soon as I'll arrive
Everything is possible
Cause no one has to hide
Beyond the invisible

Close your eyes
Just feel and realize
It is real and not a dream
I'm in you and you're in me
It is time
To break the chains of life
If you follow you will see
What's beyond reality

Mini inverted “R”
LOL, you cracked me up man, and yes, I think it does in a cartoonic way, if you know what I mean, and it also has your jolly spirit. But as I said you are much better looking than that pic :p
Well, do you think I look like my picture? :p
Love you babe :*

No3ik
I just visited your blog, did I say, I usually peak on new comers! :p
And the first thing I saw was your beautiful poem and right away you were put on my favorite list. I have to go back to it soon to leave my impression, as for now I have to thank you for giving me the honor of the introduction :)

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not even Botticelli can capture your beauty dear. Nor can any Master can capture the beauty of your spirit on canvas...

How about if I get the same mustache as in the pic? Might increase my "sex quotient" LOL!

Love you too gorgeous :*

4:18 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

7AYATI WALLA, YOU'RE SO SWEET :*

4:23 PM  
Blogger Papillona ® said...

Dear Ayya,
I enjoyed reading your answers to those interesting questions.
oh and I'm honored to be tagged by you and for being considered one of "the oldies"

7:31 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Papy
You’re not only an oldie, you’re also a goodie :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

AyyA
You encouraged me from the very beginning. Thanks for your support :)

11:19 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Lady J
You are one of my favorite blogorinas, I had to encourage you so that I can enjoy your wonderful righting. See, I’m selfish :p

12:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

xlant song whats the name of the album..
I totaly forgot abt enigma

12:12 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Masano babe
How could you forget Enigma, and especially that song? Does last year in Camp David ring a bell?
The name of the Album is "Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi"

12:28 PM  
Blogger No3iK said...

wow ayya!!

really really flattered :)
thank u :*

12:45 PM  
Blogger Papillona ® said...

It's on my blog ;*

9:52 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanks sweetie :*

3:56 PM  
Blogger NewMe said...

reading you is like enjoying a glass of merlot in a beautiful sunny afternoon...

cheers ;)

12:06 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

NewMe
Have a blast sweetie wherever you are.

Her
I will inshallah ASAP

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home