.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 11

Who Will Pay the Price!

Me
I left the herd and lulled
Into my well allotted shell-
A space in which I dwelled to speak
My mind -Because I cared
I closed windows, locked doors,
Banned the creeping heat,
Avoided pious drafts
And dreamt of a civilized state

But the hurricane had hit home,
Crackling my windows,
Braking my fragile crusted dome
With the announcement of :
The Islamic government
The news hauled my course back into
The uncomforting zone –

Islamists
Misused the deeds of the holy-
Infused into power and wealth,
Politicized the lootings of my country
Without a word that can be said-
Freedom of speech, to them - a blasphemy

Liberals
“Let the sleeping dogs lie”
Their dreams, like mine, were just a lie
They failed to free their civil mentalities where
The dogma of the herd was pure trivialities-

Government
The designer and the creator
Sheep must stay sheep
No damage that can’t be tended
The herd can be one hundred KD richer!
Five hundred! Sheep mentality can be rewarded-
Loans can be wavered, bills paid
Oh yes, the government can always mend it

That’s what the herd wants to keep it occupied-
The Afghani Hashish
After all
That’s what the parliament
Got elected (appointed) for


2007 parliament
Back to desert ages - the phantom shows:
Islamic government is an Islamic state
With or without parliament
“What the BLEEP do we know?”

Me again
“We’re heading to the path of corrupt”
Oh yes, pun is definitely intended to
Civilization buriers

If no one can state his indignation
Then who will save the remaining of a dream
When the state is suffocating into debris?
And who will pay the price?

Sirens are signaling- From sheep I strayed, hence
To Sheep I will return.
Adding and multiplying

I need to seep through the sand avalanche
I need a saviour
Before I’m swept with the flock Into
The darkest nightmare

A fly kept buzzing in my sleep this morning
I must’ve forgotten to close the shutters last night
Politics?
I’ll leave that for now.

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 9:53 AM::

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you r takung it way 2 hard,,,, i miss you

11:37 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

You think too much, you need a hobby.

12:10 PM  
Blogger shosho said...

I hope you're ok!

2:49 PM  
Blogger iDip said...

ذكرتيني باحمد فؤاد نجم
==
هما مين واحنا مين

هما الامرا والسلاطين

هما مناظر بالمزيكه

والزفة وشغل البولوتيكا

ودماغهم طبعا استيكه

بس البركه في النياشين
==
حادي يا بادي يا عبد الهادي

ياللي عليك قصد الغنوا دي

لما الشعب يقوم وينادي

يا احنا ياهما في الدنيا دي

حزر فزر شغل مخك

شوف مين فينا

حيغلب مين
===
لا ادري ان كان ذلك يصنف ضمن الشعر الحلمنتيشي ام لا
ولكن
نحن الذين صقعنا بحكومة عاشوراء الحلمنتيشية

ان شاالله احنا اللي حنغلب

والله المستعان

8:43 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Mosano
It is damn hard
I miss you too

Purgy
Poetry is my hobby

Shoshoa
No I’m not, that’s why I have to vent out

iDip
Loved you 7alamanteeshi poem
But, it doesn’t look like i7na elli haniglib
I thought that things can’t get any worse, but with the Islamist’s wave around, and now the Islamic government, ilkitab bayin min 3inwanah: now we have 7okoomat isla7 as we were promised, but only bimafhoom jam3iyat elisla7.
As Jandeef’s sis said: into ish3arofakom into?

11:12 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Bukraishan
It looks like the baaaaaaaaa3 era had started
Thrilled to see here :)

9:18 AM  
Blogger you-sif said...

أحلى تحية حب بعيد الحب

عيشي حياتك هاليومين بالحب

لأن الدنيا ملؤها الغم والنكد

وليس لنا بها غير أن نسعد أنفسنا بأنفسنا

خذي بريك حب

هابي فالانتاين

10:58 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

you-sif
Love for me is like “ baith elsa3o” asma3 feeh wi aktip lah wala ashoofa. But you are right I do need a break. Thank you and happy Valentine to you too.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Hazolat said...

I loved that piece. Don't you sometimes feel more alone and alienated amongst a group of people than when you're actually sitting by yourself.

The price I choose to pay for straying away.

1:38 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanks hazolat; I wrote that in a moment of anger
Actually sometimes when my day is filled with people and events, I look for excuses to disappear for a while and get back in touch with myself.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home