.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 19

A Letter to my Dear Companion

As you know;
Lust - only momentarily infatuates
And love for me is too complex- it hurts
Let Gibran’s Prophet elaborate

So what is it that kept us together
All the years that hastily passed?

Passion!
The whore of all seasons!
The once devoured readily forgotten!
It can’t be only that

Love!
If Juliet was wedded to her liking
Would poets still be marketing
Her sacrifice!

Is that why Aphrodite,
With such a fervent husband,
Furtively laid Ares
On the golden muslin
Of her nuptial bed!

Lust! Love! Passion! obsession!
Too cliché –
It belongs to poetry books and Greek deity

Though it’s hard to comprehend;
Some twosomes do blend,
Without sensual endeavors
Or being amorous lovers,
Harmoniously

Jonivan said
" I do not want to make reasons
for you to stay
I only want to make reasons
For you to return"
Why do you think he cared?

Grandmother said
She needed to sleep together
On the bed of the morgue with her lover
The yellow Canary lost its feathers
Grandma thought – it’s not the weather

The dead do not grieve, she assured
It’s the living who bare the burden
Of Solitary prison

And if lucky, the prey is free
When one finds his mate-
Dead or alive

Longing is a frustrating isolation, yet
It is mesmerizing and promising –
Hope

But we only long for the elite
Companion
The one who summons our years To leap
Rapidly
With teeth clutched
To life

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 1:04 AM::

5 Comments:

Blogger shosho said...

That's lovely, perfectly wholesome and lovely.

Thanks Ayya for sharing the poem :)

2:37 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Shoshoa
this is a blend of old school rhyming and free verse I’m trying out (taking risk). I’m also using counterpoint where more than one subject is infused into the original subject (new to me). The poem is by no means complete. I feel it could be much enhanced esthetically especially at it ending; I’m still working on that. But I think the message is clear thanks sweetie for taking the time to read.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well my dearest the blend workedBeautifully. Sometimes it
felt very much like my point of view

every time I read your post I realize how much I miss you

1:21 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thank you sweetie, I miss you too, this week inshallah ;)

5:59 PM  
Blogger جنة الحواس said...

Very nice ..


Ur poems remind me of college days ..

I like the way u put ur words together :)

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home