.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, March 4

Trapped

Trapped - unruly I keep seeping back and forth through
the uncanny neck of the hourglass; yes, I do understand your
constant urge to find your long lost soul. Yet, forever fetching
a wraith in a misty crossroad where you’re not so sure where to
go, still remains a puzzle to me. Why did you go on dwelling at
the doors of tomorrow and what it may or may not promise to
obey only to come back, expectedly, today! Do you know
what it means to be trapped in an hourglass? Do you
know what it feels like to be in awe awaiting
a decision! A call! Pleading for a miracle
to stop for once the flipping of the
ticking time, and to rest
the trickling
grains
in the
finite
bed of
calm and
ease. I beg of
you please stop jolting me
back and forth into the maze, back
to where in vain we started, back to many
a times we reunited, back to labeling our cut-and-
paste relationship with titles we agreed we’re better
without. Labels of capricious desires - of love, passion,
obsession, and the dire horror of obligation not to mention
the pain of separation, in my despair, so many a times I prayed
for an upper hand to smash the glass on a cold callous floor and
Free my soul, once and for all, from you or may be for you, I’m
badly addicted to you. At times I wanted you out, but my soul
couldn’t stop leaking until your body rested back in mine

Posted by AyyA:: at :: 9:49 PM::

10 Comments:

Blogger Jewaira said...

I love the visual context of this piece AyyA. I love how your words are trapped within the hourglass along with emotions that will not be freed. Very interesting

9:58 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Tanty
Although a relationship that is based on no commitment does have it’s advantages and more exciting, but with time it gets tiresome. Here both parties agreed from the beginning that they would not label their union with names, so the narrator does not want to admit that she is in love, she may not even know that she is. Nor she knows (or cares) how her lover feels about her, all they know is that they are comfortable with each other and do accept it when one goes astray. Which also means that he/she could come back, this separation and coming back, although might seem exciting, it is also tiresome, it needs a lot of energy and at the same time, it strengthens their bond and their relationship starts to take a different curve that they both did not want or could not afford. And this is the trap that the narrator puts herself into, it is also obvious that her lover is also trapped, or else why would he come back when their relationship is over?
Being totally free from his grip is something that the narrator could not take, simply because she is addicted to him, yet being free from him might hurt her for sometime, but eventually she’ll be over him, but that doesn’t mean that she’ll ever forget him or he’ll ever forget her.
Thanks dear

Lady J
Ah, that shape took forever to form. Concrete type poetry is not easy, I had to make sure that the word counts on each side of the hourglass were almost the same, plus the rant had to be continuously intertwined with no breaks to give the feeling of the theme. Thanks sweetie for taking the time.

10:05 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

The shrink
Thank you sweetie for taking the time and I'm glad you liked it :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Wilted_Roze said...

hey sweety can u add me on msn i wanna ask u something :)

uno_amore@hotmail.com

10:53 PM  
Blogger Kha6er said...

Well written.. Keep up the good work :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

wilted_rose
Sorry dear I don’t use MSN often, you can send me an e-mail, thank you

Kha6er
Thanks dear, I see that you have a taste for poetry in your blog, hope to see you blogging often :)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Wilted_Roze said...

wo0ow what an intresting poet u are keep it up hon.


vist my blog if anybody like umm just a beginer at this.

www.wilted-roze.blogspot.com

7:05 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Wilted_Roze
Sorry I took so long to reply, it seems that I have a problem with blogspot, I don’t know if it’s only me or others are facing the same problem. Anyway; I did visit your blog and it’s very elegant, welcome to blog-o-sphere sweetie, but I have to warn you, it’s addictive ;)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Sedna said...

That was amazing mashalla...

Great structure and theme - left me deep in thought.

11:50 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thanks Sedna :)

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home